SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody else tired of the hurrican coverage??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody else tired of the hurrican coverage?? Login/Join 
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted
ABC has 24/hr live coverage..(would have loved to hear the conversation when the reporter was told he was to stand out in the storm)along with the usual standing out in the storm(on his hotel room balcony) he showed some of the greatest waste of electrons, like the trees blowing,trash cans rolling, waves crashing. then he showed the inside of his hotel room where a window was "cracked" from the wind!!!.. another reported said with fine voice that earlier that day he'd been on an Island "that was completely surrounded by water"!!!
while this is going on... no fires out west, nobody died in the war,no murders ect.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Heck no! I love it! Bring on Jose!

(I'm being slightly sarcastic here)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It's not the coverage per se. It's the ludicrous hyping and forecast exaggeration along with the ridiculous shots of asshat reporters standing out in the bad weather. Global climate change deceivers' agenda on full display. Puck 'em!

All that said my prayers are with folks impacted by these storms or other calamities like the Montana fires.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Harvey was bearable...boom...done.

Irma is "Jesus isn't that over YET"

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I simply changed the channel.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Haven't watched one minute of coverage. I get the info here at this forum.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
That's because the whole Russia thing has blown up in their face - seriously, they are looking for anything to blame Trump on because nothing else is sticking.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I am tired of the manner of the coverage, but would not be tired of being informed of a life threatening event.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
like others, its not the event that is annoying - its the personalities going for that Oscar winning performance that is annoying

and oh yeah, Shep leads the pack

don't even want to turn on the news any more - I will get what I need from SigForum and OANN

if its not on either of these two sites, its not worth thinking about

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Ya know... if you'd stop watching it, you wouldn't grow tired of it. Wink

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Kill your cable. Without broadcast media, I'm in control of my demand instead of the supply assigning me my demand.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed, the talking heads doing their thing. The on site scene that is now a requirement has run its course. Yep high wind. Yep water rising. Ok back to you Ted.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. No channels at my house. Helps me keep my sanity. Saw a clip in a store- category 4 at ground level but if you are 50 stories up it could be a category 5!? Sensationalism.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Better than football.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
with so many channels and so many venues, I don't see the need of complaining about any particular coverage. I don't like what I'm seeing, I switched to a different channel or medium.

I don't particularly watch the hurricane coverage myself but I suppose a good number of people are invested either with family or finances related to the hurricane.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Harvey was bearable...boom...done.

Irma is "Jesus isn't that over YET"

Kinda the opposite for those of us who had rain dumped on us for days on end. 52" here in 3 days. Seemed like it would never end if you were under it. Irma hit and has already dropped to a 'tropical depression' (guess they couldn't find Margaritaville) by now.

But it's the insipid coverage I'm tired of. I still remember watching Ike coverage and seeing Geraldo get dumped on his ass on national TV. Pure comedy gold. No such thing now.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
like others, its not the event that is annoying - its the personalities going for that Oscar winning performance that is annoying

and oh yeah, Shep leads the pack

don't even want to turn on the news any more - I will get what I need from SigForum and OANN

if its not on either of these two sites, its not worth thinking about

Exactly!!!

Hours and hours of talking heads, morons standing out in the wind and rain.

Sorry for the people down there that were injured, had damage to their homes and other property.

"shep" is a true asshole seeking some semblance of public adoration. Wonder why they have not fired his ass from Fox. Not really. Seems to mirror the management's philosophy.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the hurricane or trashing Trump. They did blow russia and racism off the front page.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Y E S!!!!
I live in central Florida SW of Disney. The right side eye wall went right over the area I live in.
We get news from Orlando and Tampa. Some reports were like night and day on the way they reported the storm news.
Was the storm bad Y E S. Some reporters did a better job of reporting the storm news in a calmer manner than others.
I stopped watching the news and went to weather web sites to get tracking and wind speed info on the storm.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell me.

Why do all these smart news casters say everyone was told to get out and they stay and stand in the rain or wind and preach.

Posts: 8 | Registered: August 20, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post