SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "What A Wonderful World"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"What A Wonderful World" Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted
Louis Armstrong Lyrics
"What A Wonderful World"

I see trees of green
Red roses too
I see them bloom
For me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

I see skies of blue
And clouds of white
The bright blessed day
The dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow
So pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces
Of people going by
I see friends shaking hands
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying
"I love you"

I hear babies cry
I watch them grow
They'll learn much more
Than I'll never know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Oh yeah
=================================================
Spoken intro to "What a Wonderful World" (1970 version)

Some of you young folks been saying to me, "Hey Pops, what you mean 'What a wonderful world'? How about all them wars all over the place? You call them wonderful? And how about hunger and pollution? That aint so wonderful either." Well how about listening to old Pops for a minute. Seems to me, it aint the world that's so bad but what we're doin' to it. And all I'm saying is, see, what a wonderful world it would be if only we'd give it a chance. Love baby, love. That's the secret, yeah. If lots more of us loved each other, we'd solve lots more problems. And then this world would be a gasser. That's wha' ol' Pops keeps saying.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites. I have friend who nails this in karoke in the Louis Armstrong voice. To look at him you would never guess that voice could come out of him. He did it at my daughters wedding.

After he performed it I asked my brother who is a Armstrong fan what he thought. He said you don't hear many DJ's play that song did you request it? I said no that was Tommy singing He must have not been watching the stage and was talking so he thought it was a recording. He wouldn't believe me until our friend Tommy did it again.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yes, very nice.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Go full screen. Turn up the audio. Enjoy.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/CWzrABouyeE

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Brother IZ combined this with 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'. Both versions are absolutely killer.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
That was my wedding song back in 1990. Thanks for posting.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
{Thread drift} This was the wedding song for my second marriage: Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/qYkbTyHXwbs

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, once upon a time was a student in the 7th grade. Not the burbs, a little town in Arizona. My teacher that year, homeroom teacher, was an older widow woman that dearly loved Satchmo music.
She gave us an education in a subgenre that would probably never have occured otherwise.
I cut her weeds and grass in her sad little space for a few years until she went to a home.
One thing she did for us knuckleheads, was introduce this song to us. I cannot hear it without picturing Mrs. Wells. A hardscrabble, dutiful old widow,tough as a rawhide boot. RIP Mrs. Ruth Wells

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post