SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paul Joseph Watson on tattoos
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paul Joseph Watson on tattoos Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Was in the Military when I was really young and dumb....then rode Harleys for years...Still NO tat's.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I'm right in the age group for getting ink.

I don't have any, I'm not opposed but there isn't much I'd like to have like that, forever.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
My grade-school kids say that tattoos are for really old people. Big Grin

I have long believed that at some time in the future tattoos will be a reliable indication of how old someone is, like white hair, wrinkles and sags, or those big plastic sunglasses that cover one’s seeing spectacles. Not being inked will become a common source of personal pride like being trim and fit. The fad has lasted longer and spread more than I would have predicted 20 years ago, but fad it is, and sooner or later the fad (but not the ink) will fade like all fads.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
My grade-school kids say that tattoos are for really old people. Big Grin

I have long believed that at some time in the future tattoos will be a reliable indication of how old someone is, like white hair, wrinkles and sags, or those big plastic sunglasses that cover one’s seeing spectacles. Not being inked will become a common source of personal pride like being trim and fit. The fad has lasted longer and spread more than I would have predicted 20 years ago, but fad it is, and sooner or later the fad (but not the ink) will fade like all fads.

This. I have no tattoo's and do not like them. I would never put anything permanent that then degrades on my body. I see young 20's girls with tattoo's from wrists to elbow or even shoulder lately and it's just gross. I really think it's a sign of insecurity for a lot of them, so it gives people a reason to give them attention by commenting on them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t need tattoos. I have scars. Surgeries. Injuries. My body has been mutilated enough.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
They asked me why I have no tats.
I replied, "Have you ever seen a Ferrari with a bumper sticker?"

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I got one when I got divorced to remind me of my kid, it’s a gecko. Which was his favorite creature when he was little, my newest little one wants me to get an elephant to hold the tail of the gecko.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Often indicative of poor decision making skills.
I had a room mate who couldn't pay me his rent on time. When he came home with a new tat, i kicked him out.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
Don’t need tattoos. I have scars. Surgeries. Injuries. My body has been mutilated enough.

Same here. Most can be associated with memorable events, or life lessons.

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Young people have always been like that - they like to think of themselves as individualists, unique, and even a bit rebellious. But this is only in contrast to those they see as the out group (usually us old geezers), and they conform very strongly to the norms of their own group.

So they all get tattoos. It is what all the cool kids do to show how unique they are.

If you got a tattoo in 1980, you might have been a tough guy or a rebel. Not for about the last twenty years, though.
Isn't that what I said?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I suppose there are a lot of reasons one may get a tat. Many aren't getting them to show the world who they are but rather to display that what comes tomorrow is meaningless, pure nihilism. Hating our particular world -- Western Civ in this case -- is systemic. That message is rammed home daily. That's my junior sociologist story and I'm sticking to it.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Short term decision with long term consequences.

Why would we expect folks to do better in that arena just because it also involves ink and needles?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't feel stupid. But I guess stupid people rarely do. Tattoos. Yup, some.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

Well put! I have no use for tattoos and feel pity for women that think these actually enhance whatever natural beauty they may have been born with.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm going to have to remember that one Big Grin

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think of the 20-40 year olds with full sleeve tats and wonder how many employers have said "no" to job opportunities because of tat bias. You may be brilliant, but if the person hiring doesn't like tattoos, you haven't done yourself any favors.

I don't this is the case most of the time, but it I'd imagine it happens.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My wife has talked about kids coming to school with holes in their shoes, or old, dirty clothes, or hungry, or without their meds. She has asked her boss, “Is there some way I can just go buy him a pair of shoes?” No.

Then she sees the boy’s mother with hundreds of dollars in fukkin’ tattoos. Assholes

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:

This. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No matter how tight the budget, there’s always money for booze, cigs and one more tat.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I recall (and my memory ain't what it used to be, so bear with me) reading/hearing that Maori tribesmen, or at least AsiaPac peoples tattooed their faces with their "rank" in the tribe. The shaman had a particular tat, the priest another, the chief another, warriors another, and so on. Usually these tats were on their face, so that when they came across other tribes, identification of who's who was simply done by interpreting the tattoo.

It could be that merchant mariners and navy types did much the same thing, but on their arms. Walk through a port of call with "USMC" on your arm told a whole lot about who you were...

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post