SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paul Joseph Watson on tattoos
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paul Joseph Watson on tattoos Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Big Grin

Yes, I know- We'll have 46 pages of comments about this. Just try listening to the man's point of view.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
True.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My opinion is it flags a person as one who is prone to bad decisions.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahahaha. I have 16 and all but 1 was drawn up by myself.
No neck or face though. To each his/her own.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As PJW points out, used to be- up until very recently- that tattoos were symbols of rebellion, individualism, and being on the fringes of society, but now, it's the exact opposite.

It's a variation of the hipster/goth/whatever stuff, where all these people who want to be seen as indivuduals dress like everyone else in their social group. As PJW says in his video, you're unique, just like everyone else. This is not an original thought from him, but it's valid nevertheless.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
My grade-school kids say that tattoos are for really old people. Big Grin

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
No matter how big the air compressor might be, it's still not going to achieve the amount of pressure that peer pressure reigns down on some people.

When I was 18 yrs old, my friend decided to get a tattoo. He knew exactly what he wanted to get long before we left for the shop. Here's an approximation of what he got:

His thinking was because he enjoyed drinking Budweiser so much, why not get this tattoo?

Within one week - 7 days - nearly everyone in our circle of friends HAD to get one. And, they all did.

Today, 32 years later, they all look something like this:

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I did 25 years in the U.S. Navy and no Tattoos. Yes, I'm that guy.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Going out the way I came into this world.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Young people have always been like that - they like to think of themselves as individualists, unique, and even a bit rebellious. But this is only in contrast to those they see as the out group (usually us old geezers), and they conform very strongly to the norms of their own group.

So they all get tattoos. It is what all the cool kids do to show how unique they are.

If you got a tattoo in 1980, you might have been a tough guy or a rebel. Not for about the last twenty years, though.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I have never understood the desire for a tattoo even when I was young and foolish.

2/3 of my adult children have tattoos.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:

Is your mom ok with that?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Some I like, some not so much. Really hate the ones that cover the entire body, especially on a beautiful woman. It’s like they started scribbling on a masterpiece.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
Is your mom ok with that?
You are a very bad man.

Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bald, screaming and covered in blood? Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
I did 25 years in the U.S. Navy and no Tattoos. Yes, I'm that guy.

Me too. Never even tempted...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I've never understood the fascination with tats

I don't have any, don't want any and I won't date anyone that has them

enough sane people in the world, I don't need to associate with people who are so insecure they need to poison themselves with bad 'art'

he raises a lot of good points and I can't argue with any of them

a 17 year old with a tramp stamp - yeah, she's got a brilliant future ahead of herself

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
The whole tat craze missed me completely, thankfully. Never even considered one.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post