SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paul Joseph Watson on tattoos
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paul Joseph Watson on tattoos Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I guess the Freak Show at the Carnival no longer has openings for the tattooed lady. Come to think of it, the Freak Show is probably not politically correct anymore. Maybe for the miniature horse.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dad did not have tatoo's, He served in the Army in the marshall and gilbert islands.

I'd say that at least a dozen of his buddies had one, when I asked why they had them , he told me that they earned them .

All of them had something to do with having served in the military.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mlazarus:
I don't feel stupid. But I guess stupid people rarely do. Tattoos. Yup, some.

Hmmm, maybe you’ve changed since we shot Practical Fundamentals in Piru, but you didn’t strike me as stupid then. If asked, the first adjective that would come to mind is “squared away.”

As far as tattoos, I’ve personally never had any interest in getting one, but that’s my choice. While I have seen some tats on folks that are a turn off, in general I try to appreciate people for who they are, what they do, and how they treat others rather than what they look like. For those few whose going overboard with ink has turned me off, there are probably plenty of other folks who are better able to be non-judgemental and appreciate them for who they are.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
I have them. I like them. Some of the nicest folks you might want to meet have them. To me, its sort of like bikers, sure, some can be assholes, but its not the bike that makes them so. In my opinion the majority of them, or bikers for that matter, are good hard working folks, just like me.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
No Regerts

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears there are sharp differences in thinking, that cannot be attributed to generational attitudes alone. It is rather surprising to see how deeply some members feel about this issue.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
To each his/her own.

I prefer to be discreet, with no identifying marks, scars, or tattoos on my body. If I'm being searched for they will have a tough time finding and ID'ing me, and somebody is going to have to work to figure out who this lump of flesh was.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do have a strong aversion to misspelling when it comes to tattoos. I checked, double check and then proofread anything before the needles move.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
No Regerts

Sotp it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I think tattoos are fascinating. I don't have any, and don't think I want any, but it's often fun to talk with other people about theirs.

I get a lot of "yeah, it's just a cool design" sort of answers, and I set those aside. The stories I like hearing are the ones that tell the origin of the design, or its meaning to its owner, or the experiences the owner lived leading up to getting the ink.

There's a fellow who used to work at the local sandwich shop. He had the most vivid panther inked on his arm. I wanted to ask him about it, but -- honestly -- he seemed downright scary! Wink

To me, tattoos are an interesting topic when nobody is trying to convince anyone else of anything. (As in, they're great, or they suck, or they're for stupid people, or whatever else.)

I overheard one of the fellows at work some years ago say, "I'm teaching my daughter that tattoos are nasty." One of our in-house veterans responded [quickly!] with, "I'm teaching my daughter proper trigger pull." Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I spent the past 50+ years of my life trying not to punch holes in myself, so it makes no sense to pay someone to do that to me.

There was however one tattoo a guy who used to work for us had that I would not count as stupid. His wife and daughter were killed by a drunk driver and he was in therapy for some time afterward. Eventually he had a black and white image of the two on them tattooed across the left side of his chest. He claimed that standing in front of the mirror every morning getting ready for work with them in the image with him, helped him keep going. And it was a quite impressive (and expensive) piece of work.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t have any and never wanted any. I sat with a bud while he got a few hours of work done on his arm and upper chest and shoulder. The money he spent that day and over the next few weeks getting it colored in could have bought a few nice guns.

there was a TV series maybe 10 years ago with Kat Von D about her tattoo shop. Always brought a tear to my eye the guys and gals that got images of their young children that had passed away. God forbid anything ever happened to one of my kids I think that might be the only tattoo I would get.

Posts: 4737 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post