SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paul Joseph Watson on tattoos
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paul Joseph Watson on tattoos Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
Going out the way I came into this world.

This is me also. I do not wear jewelry either.
But glasses, not much I can do at my age.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
My wife has talked about kids coming to school with holes in their shoes, or old, dirty clothes, or hungry, or without their meds. She has asked her boss, “Is there some way I can just go buy him a pair of shoes?” No.

Then she sees the boy’s mother with hundreds of dollars in fukkin’ tattoos. Assholes

Several times dropping my son off at Pre-K, I've encountered a "father" driving his two offspring in with the music blaring so loud that when the windows are up, they're rattling, and when they're down, it's so loud it actually hurt my ears from ten feet away on the sidewalk. He has full sleeves and neck tats. It isn't just once, it's been several times. I mentioned something to the lady that runs the place and she said "I know, we're trying to do something about it." His kid called my boy "motherfucker" a few months ago. Pure class.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Collins:
My opinion is it flags a person as one who is prone to bad decisions.

And yet another equally valid opinion is that those without them are often narrow minded and boring pussies who don't know shit about shit, just some fool with an opinion that couldn't possibly matter less, some clueless geezer or hopeless square with an opinion even more tired and even more unoriginal than the millionth guy with a silly tribal tattoo that they like to make fun of, a true dork's dork, a yawn-inducing wanker of stellar proportions.

See how that works...

All of which is utterly pointless, in the end.

Like many things, you either like them or you don't. It's no more relevant in most instances than judging someone by whether or not they like chocolate ice cream or vanilla. It's the modern day version of a bunch of cluckenhens sitting around a ladies sewing circle lambasting Betty Sue because her skirt rode up above her knees that one time. Purely subjective nonsense, with no direct relationship to anything meaningful.

Yawn.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I have one.
It can't be seen unless I bare it all !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Don't about them, I do feel some are silly but hey it's their body. Would I hire someone with full sleeves and huge ear holes for a customer facing position....nope, too much bs to overcome, perception is reality in my world and it's not worth the noise.

My tower guys on the otherhand or my other field guys...sure.

I have thought about getting one or two but I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
I have one.
It can't be seen unless I bare it all !
And so, for it ever to remain a mystery to all here.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Good viewpoint.

I've never been that drunk, or pressured by peers.

Those warriors, friends and colleagues who had such marvelous and wonderful tatts ... the imagery has faded with time and wisdom.

And now serve as a reminder of a long ago time, and to frighten the grandchildren.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
9 years in the Marines and never once tempted. Never really came across anything I thought warranted life long display on my skin.

Of course, my Dad got the classic “Mother” in a banner with a rose tat on his arm when he was in the Navy in the 50’s. Over the years it didn’t hold up well and was indistinguishable by the time reached my teens in the late 70’s. Made me think about how one would look long term.

Then, caught up in the moment, after 21 years of marriage, I got a modest tattoo of my wife’s name (Dawn) on my chest.

Only measures about 1.5”x3” and has a sunrise background to it. I did it as a surprise, but did put some thought into it. The design is two-fold...

She is the light of my life but just in case we split for some reason down the road, it is easily converted to a patriotic “By Dawn’s Early Light” tat.

She has a few modest tats. Small ankle one that was a rebellion against her parents in high school. A couple of Bible verses that have significance to her, and she had my name applied many years before I decided to put her name on me.

No face or neck tats, sleeves, tribal designs, tramp stamps, etc. Simple, tasteful, unobtrusive and can be covered with normal attire.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

And yet another equally valid opinion is that those without them are often narrow minded and boring pussies who don't know shit about shit, just some fool with an opinion that couldn't possibly matter less, some clueless geezer or hopeless square with an opinion even more tired and even more unoriginal than the millionth guy with a silly tribal tattoo that they like to make fun of, a true dork's dork, a yawn-inducing wanker of stellar proportions.

See how that works...

Like many things, you either like them or you don't. It's no more relevant in most instances than judging someone by whether or not they like chocolate ice cream or vanilla. It's the modern day version of a bunch of cluckenhens sitting around a ladies sewing circle lambasting Betty Sue because her skirt rode up above her knees that one time. Purely subjective nonsense, with no direct relationship to anything meaningful.

Yawn.

Nice. Very well put.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I think I've told this before here, but some time back, I walked into the local sporting goods store to look for something.

I walked by a long aisle and spied a young gal about halfway down the aisle who was just simply stunning in every aspect that I could see. She was standing in profile so I could only see one side of her, but that side was a 12/10. A more perfect example of the perfect woman (IMO), one could not find.

Being the lecherous old fart that I am, I suddenly remembered that I had also come in to look for something down that aisle Big Grin ...so I wandered her way.

As I approached this young goddess, she turned from left to right and presented me with the sight of a full sleeve tattoo that went clear up onto her neck.

She went from a 12 to a 2 in one second. Why in the hell would anyone do that?

It makes no sense to me. A woman's body is the most beautiful work of art that there is. Would you smear graffiti all over the Mona Lisa? No different than bumper stickers on a Ferrari.

I get servicemen who want to memorialize their old units, the camaraderie, service in general. I didn't do it when I was in, but at least it makes some sense to me.

These beautiful young women ruining their bodies doesn't.

Personally, I think that there is something wrong upstairs.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I think I remember reading some where, that the chemicals in tattoos is somewhat toxic, and of course absorbed into the body over time.

Not sure the toxicity level. I think some young people as they age, will finally realize they wish they hadn't gotten tattoos. Most all the people my age that did get them have stated such.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
They asked me why I have no tats.
I replied, "Have you ever seen a Ferrari with a bumper sticker?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
I think of the 20-40 year olds with full sleeve tats and wonder how many employers have said "no" to job opportunities because of tat bias. You may be brilliant, but if the person hiring doesn't like tattoos, you haven't done yourself any favors.

I don't this is the case most of the time, but it I'd imagine it happens.

When I was at Fed Ex we couldn't hire anyone with visible tattoos. Also had limits on hair length. No full beards and no fu man chu staches. They didn't want anyone scaring the old ladies when you were delivering their meds.

They may have been forced to relax the rules some just for the sake of being able to find someone to work.

My son in law has a ton of them. No face tats but every where else. I give him crap about it and call him The Illustrated Man all the time but he don't get the reference and I don't tell him.

I was leery of him because of it when he first started dating my daughter but he has more than proven himself worthy.
He's a stand up man. He adores my daughter and their son. He makes a very good living as a master plumber and would and often does anything to help anyone out. Tats are his deal it's what he likes it's the man or woman that counts.

For you youngsters who don't know or remember...

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

See how that works...

Yawn.

Nice. Very well put.

Not really. Just sounds touchy about his tats.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I recall (and my memory ain't what it used to be, so bear with me) reading/hearing that Maori tribesmen, or at least AsiaPac peoples tattooed their faces with their "rank" in the tribe. The shaman had a particular tat, the priest another, the chief another, warriors another, and so on. Usually these tats were on their face, so that when they came across other tribes, identification of who's who was simply done by interpreting the tattoo.

It could be that merchant mariners and navy types did much the same thing, but on their arms. Walk through a port of call with "USMC" on your arm told a whole lot about who you were...

yup, swallows indicate 5000 miles of sailing, compass- self explanatory
stars- indicate a sailors ability to navigate lifes problems
palm trees-show you've been to Hawaii
and so on....

when my grandmother saw my tattoo for the first time she said, "Is that real?" I told her why I got it and she said, "well, I guess you are a sailor" I responded to her, "Well you were too Commander..where's yours"

she laughed and walked off, never said another thing about it

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
They are so mainstream now that kids who DO NOT have one are more the rebel than the ones who do. When I was younger, opposite was true.

Once when I was overseas in the Army several friends and I were out carousing in Germany. We came across a tattoo parlor and my friends determined that I should get a tat that night, whether I wanted it or not. They discovered that I might not be the toughest guy they'd ever met, but getting me into that shop wasn't about to happen.

Later that week I spoke to my fiancee (now my wife), and laughed as I related the story. She let me finish, then proceeded to tell me that she wouldn't go through with the marriage if I'd gotten one. Of course, that was a while back now, but in our area tattoos were frowned upon as being less than first class. I'm still not inked, and she's still with me, so hey, it all works out.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Andrew Jackson, James Polk, Thomas Edison, Teddy Roosevelt, George Orwell, Winston Churchill.....idiots all.

Paul "hey look how original and not completely drawing attention to myself by using my middle name because I don't want to be confused with that other famous Paul Watson guy" Watson has a couple of points about some folks I guess. Just like one can say "Jeep" people are stupid or vanity plates are stupid, etc.

Meanwhile there are a lot of people out there who have tattoos for other reasons than vanity or some hipster ideal. The artist currently known as PJW tried to hit on those as well because when the criticism of those who display their tats openly gets old we have to address those who choose not to. Evidently they are closet expressionists who are just bursting for the chance to whip them out at parties.

I just wish King Harold II had just waited another 972 years for this 20 year fad to wane. But then maybe not because they would have never been able to identify his body after Hastings without his tattoo dedicating his body to England and his wife Edith.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
My wife has one that signifies her sobriety date. Our daughter has one to honor the memory of her grandparent and aunt. Both are very nicely done and have special meaning.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Looking back I realize just how much I’ve changed over the years. Put frankly, I’d likely would backhand my younger self. So what would have been a tat I’d gotten at one age would have been one I’d wanted removed later.
Recall, while in college my daughter called and said she was thinking about getting a tat. As she started to discribe it, I blurted out “No.”
Turns out her friends were pressuring her to get on and she didn’t want to. She later told me she knew what I’d say and counted n my to give her an excuse.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Tattoos are the fad today. I often wonder if people who have them ever think there's a point at which a person goes too far.

I also wonder what a holocaust survivor thinks of them.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post