SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Monitor your CCW permit expiration date!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monitor your CCW permit expiration date! Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Just briefly, at the bank today cashing a check, removing my driver's license, my CCW permit came out also...

Showing 9-26-2017 expiration.

Luckily, I was in the town where the county seat is located, so after banking, I went to the clerk's office to renew.

After applying and paying, the cashier/clerk said it could be 3 weeks before I receive my renewed permit in the mail.

During that time, no valid concealed weapon permit. Back to open carry till Then

Don't let this happen to you.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Damn I better check mine... oh wait, I live in Indiana and my carry permit is good for life. Cool

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I recently renewed mine. They said it could take up to 45 days to receive it.

Came in the mail 4 days later.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I made that same mistake, last renewal.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I have a VA permit and a Utah permit. VA (Fairfax County) makes it very painful to renew, one might almost think that they don't want anyone to have one. Smile Utah has a spiffy online renewal portal, easy-peasy.

It is, at least, a way to make sure that one is covered over expiration/renewal interregnums.

Posts: 6464 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my county of residence the Sheriff's Department sends you a notice when it is time to renew your NC-CHP.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
My renewal story is here.

Texas is easy, cheap and fast, at least for old veterans who have been responsible good citizens.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have had a CCW permit since 1989, way prior to the shall issue statue, this is the first time the date got by me.

I sure wish the lifetime permit fee bill had passed in Va.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I set a calendar reminder in Outlook for a date the appropriate distance prior to expiration.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NV is taking the maximum allowed time to process. In my case 4 months late last year. Kept reminding the wife and hers expires mid November. Have a feeling she will be without for a bit

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's one nice thing about having a Lifetime option, no more worry.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Maybe the next VA governor will help.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5051 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
I have a VA permit and a Utah permit. VA (Fairfax County) makes it very painful to renew, one might almost think that they don't want anyone to have one. Smile Utah has a spiffy online renewal portal, easy-peasy.

It is, at least, a way to make sure that one is covered over expiration/renewal interregnums.

So what problems do you have? They have always been nice to me and now they mail the permit while I would rather pick it up since it could get lost in the mail.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Yes thanks. I let my renewal lapse last time. I don't want to do that again!

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Did my renewal for Texas about 4 months ago, cheap and fast. Wish they had a lifetime permit.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the reminder, just checked my pulse - still valid. Razz

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I set a calendar reminder in Outlook for a date the appropriate distance prior to expiration.
It snuck up on me also. Expiration date is 10/14/17. Frown I just got back from The Marshall Courts Building in downtown Richmond to renew it.

If the new one doesn't arrive in time, I plan to hide under the bed.

The VCDL used to remind its members when it was time to renew; apparently not now.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15480 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I looked last week and mine expires 10/3 so I am going tomorrow.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
In Washington St. the CPL (concealed pistol license) is good for 5 years. When renewing they do a quick record check and you're out the door in a few minutes with your new license. Starting this year the state will send you a reminder that your license is expiring. I've never let my license expire in the 40+ years I've had one.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Last time I renewed mine here, the new card arrived in the mail the next day.

Posts: 7263 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post