SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thanks to all those who recommend Korean Airlines!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks to all those who recommend Korean Airlines! Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
Fantastic airline and great service! Metal silverware, bottled water, good legroom in economy class and free wine.

I highly recommend this airline to anyone flying to Asia.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How was Vietnam trip?

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'd like to try them one day.

And just for the record, alcohol on international flights is normally always complimentary.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Just began my trip. Only been here for 2 hours. They also had new toothbrushes in plastic wrappers in the bathrooms.

Tony.

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Just began my trip. Only been here for 2 hours. They also had new toothbrushes in plastic wrappers in the bathrooms.

Tony.

Good report, but how were the flight attendants? Big Grin

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

Tony.

Good report, but how were the flight attendants? Big Grin

Hawt!!!

posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that benny6, too bad all the other airlines can't do the same. Next time you fly on a domestic flight, you'll be thinking about all those niceties that you experienced on your Korean Air flight.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
It's amazing how good eating with real metal silverware feels.

I know some will say it's silly, but I assure it's a simple little thing that you don't realize what it means until you get it back again.

Heaven forbid an American based airline gives you metal silverware. You could kill someone with that!! Roll Eyes

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:

Heaven forbid an American based airline gives you metal silverware. You could kill someone with that!! Roll Eyes

Well, they do serve food in first/business class with metal silverware, so it has nothing to do with security.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
Glad to hear that benny6, too bad all the other airlines can't do the same. Next time you fly on a domestic flight, you'll be thinking about all those niceties that you experienced on your Korean Air flight.

Government subsidies help make those niceties stand-out from the crowd. While I'm fully in the corner that US domestic carriers could do more and better, the reality is most overseas carriers, particularly those flag carriers are subsidized by their governments.

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are finally safe to fly with, since they have completely revamped their entire methodologies solving the very poor accident rate they once had. They are trying hard to get back in the game, and we can all benefit from that.

Posts: 71 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
The only time I flew out of the country it was on Korean Air to Seoul. I guess I didn't know how good I had it! Razz

Except for the elderly Korean woman next to me who drank pretty much an entire bottle of wine in the first hour and slept much of the rest of the way, and the indian man on the other side of me whose aroma was... very strong and unique, it wasn't a bad flight at all.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We also had a great experience flying to and from Japan on Singapore Airlines.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only a warrior
chooses pacifism
posted Hide Post
Yes, I flew to both Korea and Japan last summer within a month of each other. The first trip was on Korean Air and the latter trip was on American Airlines. Night and day difference - better food, better service, newer, cleaner aircraft on Korean Air. It really impressed on me how much better the foreign carriers are.

Posts: 203 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear, no ting wong.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Glad to hear, no ting wong.

That ain't Korean. Razz

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post