SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Want to own something that belonged to Neil Young?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to own something that belonged to Neil Young? Login/Join 
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Many of these types of auction have some great deals, lot of variety in this group but conditions are lacking. Estimated pricing is a bit high, I'll probably stay away from this auction.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard for me to support Neil Young politically, but deep respect that he has shown up every year to contribute an support farmers and not taken a penny to play for farm aid.

After I posted that I realized I'm sitting here listening to Like a Hurricane, he's put all his songs on the internet to listen to for free. https://www.neilyoungarchives....75_1129_01&_k=zc89nj

Really good web site.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
IIRC, he was/is a well known member of the TCA. I've heard from a man who was a big Lionel collector Lionel prices have gone down greatly.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may not agree with Neil, politically, but I've always been a big fan of his music. I'm still happy to watch, listen, and talk with people I don't agree with. I'll absolutely look through this site and see if there's something of interest that is in the ballpark of what I feel comfortable paying. Thanks for this post.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I like the 1953 Buick Skylark convertible that is currently at $160K

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
..What a dumbass:

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
..What a dumbass:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/...limate-change-denier

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Sonic Youth was selling off some gear and memorabilia recently.

One guitar pedal I was interested in (not because of its connection to them) was $3000. In all fairness, the same pedal that belonged to an average joe would run north of $1000 today.

Needless to say I passed.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Somebody say trains? Take a look at Youtube - tac's trains Accucraft Royal Hudson and dozens more.....

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Burt Reynolds auctioned off some of his stuff about 5 years ago. I stumbled across it after it closed. Smokey and the Bandit stuff brought all the money. But the sheriffs badge he wore in Best Little Whorehouse went for like $250. I would have given at least that. Some of his other stuff went quite reasonable.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Somebody say trains? Take a look at Youtube - tac's trains Accucraft Royal Hudson and dozens more.....

You have some cool stuff there tac. Cool

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I heard his house burned in the current fires. If any of these items were at his house they are most likely gone.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Y'all do know the auction was (almost) a year ago?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I imagine he has several homes, his main residence has always been his Broken Arrow Ranch in the Woodside/Redwood City area.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16677 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
wish I could post a pic of a brain...

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Not sure how extensive NY's collection was but on a recent episode of Strange Inheritance on Fox this was mind boggling:

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
It seems to me that his son has Autism and Trains were what he related to.

That was my autistic son's experience when he was young, too.

After seeing how he loved trains at a couple of museums, we would set up some track and run some N-scale trains on our dining room table. He loved to watch them go around and around, forward and back, so we eventually built an MTH/Realtrax O-Scale layout in the basement with switches, sound, and so forth. He loved it! We collected some old western LEGO sets (Fort Legorado and others plus the Lone Ranger movie sets). He built them so we could put them on the layout. Then one day he no longer cared about any of it.

Maybe I should look into Neil Young's auction company...

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Want to own something that belonged to Neil Young?

Who?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I wonder what's motivated him to sell?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Want to own something that belonged to Neil Young?

Who?

Never heard of her.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post