SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Want to own something that belonged to Neil Young?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to own something that belonged to Neil Young? Login/Join 
posted
Have some extra Christmas money burning a hole in your pocket and want to own something that belonged to Neil Young then check out this auction.

I would have never guessed he was a model train collector but there are quite a few pages of different locomotives and cars. Once you get through those you'll find album and stage played guitars, amps, cars, microphones, amps, etc.

Some pretty cool stuff to look through.

https://www.julienslive.com/m/...243/?page=1&items=96

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That's a sickness, the original simcity game.
I have always admired people who have a bent for that hobby. I've met about 3 people separately that were into it.

Is his layout part of what's being auctioned? I didn't go through everything.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Neil Young's nuclear reactor. Oh the irony.

https://www.julienslive.com/m/...age%3D1%26items%3D96

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
That's a sickness, the original simcity game.
I have always admired people who have a bent for that hobby. I've met about 3 people separately that were into it.

It's a passion. That's for sure.

Listen to Tom Snyder and Mandy Patinkin talk about their Lionel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RTcaJmoYLI

Posts: 271 | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^. It it, almost worse than Sigs. It’s amazing the creativity some people have when building a layout. Not me though. I run my trains on plywood and plexiglass. He’s got some collective of engines there. Too bad I don’t run Lionels.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

There was some track and a few buildings but nowhere near enough stuff to do a whole layout.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I believe Neil Young bought and rescued Lionel a few years ago.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neil Young owns golf shoes?? Smile

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I want the piece of property Young bought on the California coast with his first big chunk of money. Somebody judging his ability to buy the land at his age spurred him to write "Old Man"

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Want to own something that belonged to Neil Young?

No

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Is he dead now?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that his son has Autism and Trains were what he related to.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
There are some very interesting pieces on the last few pages. A mid-60s Marshall plexiglass stack would be nice to own. Some nice guitars, Martins, Gretsches, etc. Mc Intosh gear also.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh No.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
My dad is a train guy. He has an entire room under the garage dedicated to his train life. Building, display, running on tracks through scenery, paint booth, parts, collectibles......it's a whole other life. He and I go to local train shows together. I have little idea what I'm looking at, but I go to be with him doing what he loves. He has a Lionel collection that is a real envy to other train guys. Anyway, I am surprised at times who is a closet train guy. Neil Young? Surprise!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
I believe Neil Young bought and rescued Lionel a few years ago.

Your right about that. Neil bought into the company as his sons that have severe learning disabilities like train sets.

I would love to buy the GG1 that is offered. As kids my brother and I would take a bus and trolley to Penn Station Newark NJ just to see the GG1's come in.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Smart move to sell stuff while the owner who knows the value is still alive, rather than survivors auctioning it off afterwards. But, maybe in this case it doesn't matter. I wonder what's motivated him to sell?

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

No

My sentiments exactly.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Ah No, a southern man don't need him around...!

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

No

My sentiments exactly.

RMD

Not unless they can sanitize it effectively.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post