SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    6 customers draw guns on men trying to steal tools from Washington store
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 customers draw guns on men trying to steal tools from Washington store Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
UPDATE:
The driver of the car has been able to post $10,000 bail. If he has to steal to support a drug habit, how does he afford to post bail?

[

Easy, his family or friends scraped together $1000 cash and $10K in collateral (house, car, jewelry). Posting a $10k “bond” and posting $10k “bail” are two different things.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
UPDATE:
The driver of the car has been able to post $10,000 bail. If he has to steal to support a drug habit, how does he afford to post bail?
Easy, his family or friends scraped together $1000 cash and $10K in collateral (house, car, jewelry). Posting a $10k “bond” and posting $10k “bail” are two different things.
The news article says "bond," not "bail."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Found out from another article the samaritans left before the cops arrived (good call if you ask me...).

Of course the Chief is asking them to come forward and provide “statements”.

Way off topic, but should my wife and I have another child, his or her name should be Itza. My wife turned down Hunter Fischer for our youngest.

Posts: 10827 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Though this behavior might be looked down upon among the membership here, I can only feel very good about the way this was handled. Only when the scum among us realize they are no longer safe/protected while breaking the law, will they think more than twice about breaking the law. Every time they steal from these stores, the price we pay for goods purchased there goes up. I for one am damn tired of seeing prices continually go up to offset the theft loses.

Amen!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I am BLM, I can surround the car and the driver had better put it in park. By that logic, standin g in front or rear of a car should pin it in. Different rule for different peoples

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I wish I could remember who said it, but someone here said that these days I'm less like Raylan Givens, and more like Art Mullens. Big Grin Big Grin

That's okay. Nick Searcy's one of the good guys in Hollywood.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am on the opinion that the recent multi-year trend of increased concealed carry permits is related significantly to the lax accountability in many court systems. If the politicians hamstring the police, and the courts let off 30 felony perps with only two months jail time, the result is that criminals are emboldened.

As the criminals are more able to commit crime, citizens become easy prey, and as a result they must defend themselves. This is almost like a supply and demand system.

Other factors may be the widespread and instant news coverage, and 9-11. The twin tower attacks showed the populace that the police cannot protect you at all times, and that you must be self reliant.

So as the liberal, cost saving courts issue probation after probation, there is nothing that will stop the nationwide trend to self defense with firearms.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I wish I could remember who said it, but someone here said that these days I'm less like Raylan Givens, and more like Art Mullens. Big Grin Big Grin

That's okay. Nick Searcy's one of the good guys in Hollywood.

Nick has hosted Rush's show a time or two and he is a riot.

As far as this thread topic goes, in my younger days I was a hothead and would've (and have) been in on the citizen's arrest. At age 67 and 5/6ths I'm going to be a good witness that just happens to be well armed.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post