SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man wielding a scythe threatens store clerk video included at link
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man wielding a scythe threatens store clerk video included at link Login/Join 
posted
OGDEN, Utah – A Utah convenience store clerk told KSTU she may quit her late shift after a scythe-wielding man walked in early Tuesday morning and threatened to kill her.

The man first entered the Maverik convenience store in Ogden, Utah and threatened an employee. He was kicked out, but two hours later he returned with a weapon.

“I kind of at first just looked at it and thought, 'What does he have?' and I thought it was a toy but when I seen the blade on it I thought that is not a toy," said Malisa Giles.

Surveillance video shows 39-year-old Michael Just holding a nearly 6-foot tall scythe in his right hand, according to police. He allegedly yelled at Giles and said he was going to take her life.

“I automatically just grabbed the phone and ran into the office to call 911,” Giles said.

KSTU obtained the audio from her 911 call:

Giles: "He has a scythe on him. Oh my gosh. He just walked into my store with a scythe and he's walking out but he has a scythe on him."

Dispatcher: "What is that?"

Giles: "It's a long stick with a blade on top of it like what the Grim Reaper carries. Oh my God."

Dispatcher: "Did he hurt anybody?"

Giles: "No. I hope not."

Giles, who managed to lock herself in a back room inside the store, immediately thought of her children, she said.

Michael Just (Weber County Sheriff's Office)
“I was scared for my safety, I was scared for my customers, I was scared for my coworkers too,” she said.

Giles said it felt like forever before the man just finally turned around and left the store, damaging a customer's car with the scythe on his way out.

“I know he would have done something, he is very mentally unstable,” Giles said.

Giles said she's happy no one was hurt in the scary encounter.

“I did start crying after he left and after I got off the phone with the cops; I was like, I can't believe that happened,” Giles said.

This is a weapon police in Ogden say they've never seen used.

Cops were able to arrest Just, who faces charges for aggravated assault threats, damaged property, and criminal trespassing.

As for Giles, she says she's still shaken up and doesn't know if she'll be comfortable working the grave shift anymore.

Here is the link:

http://wgntv.com/2017/08/04/wh...rorizes-store-clerk/

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Those who nave no courage in the way they live there lives is truly pathetic. There is an old saying which I am going to butcher, but goes along the lines of “A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.”
-The Bard, Julius Ceaser.

Fear is the only thing a permanent victim (snowflake) feels all the time. Grow a pair! Do it. Do it now.

Remember: “Fear is the mind killer.”

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune, Bene-Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

Any way, I'm glad she survived the big bad scary farming implement.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Giles: "He has a scythe on him. Oh my gosh. He just walked into my store with a scythe and he's walking out but he has a scythe on him."

Dispatcher: "What is that?"

Da fuq? Dispatcher needs to read a book.

If that had been me, the guy would have had a high risk of lead poisoning.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"Who is it darling?"

"It's a Mr. Death or something. He's come about the reaping?"

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Wrote a better ending for the story.

quote:
Surveillance video shows 39-year-old Michael Just holding a nearly 6-foot tall scythe in his right hand, according to police. He allegedly yelled at Giles and said he was going to take her life.

“I automatically just grabbed the phone and ran into the office to call 911,” Giles said. my gun and defended myself and customers. He will not have the chance to terrorize and threaten others in the future. His funeral is Monday.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
"Who is it darling?"

"It's a Mr. Death or something. He's come about the reaping?"

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/0frHw-7J4Mk

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post