SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk Tweets that He Wants to Take Tesla Private
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk Tweets that He Wants to Take Tesla Private Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's the way it's s'posedta work!

But right there at the end. Riiiiiight there. Somethin' happens. I ain't figured it out just yet, but I'm workin' on it.

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just sit back and watch my guess is some bazillionaire tech person will buy it up, or a Saudi Prince..

Getcher popcorn
getcher popcorn
hydroelectrically popped popcorn
lithium ion pop pop pop corn

solar dogs
solar dogs
getcher solar heated hot dogs
solar vegan hot dogs, all soy
no beef no filler no flavor hot dogs

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By going private doesn’t that make his financials become a lot easier to hide (the truth) from everyone? Ie, public traded everyone sees the upcoming disaster, private he can milk the visionaries for awhile longer.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Just sit back and watch my guess is some bazillionaire tech person will buy it up, or a Saudi Prince..

Getcher popcorn
getcher popcorn
hydroelectrically popped popcorn
lithium ion pop pop pop corn

solar dogs
solar dogs
getcher solar heated hot dogs
solar vegan hot dogs, all soy
no beef no filler no flavor hot dogs

I really don’t know much about this stuff at all but my 1st thought is someone is already lined up behind the curtain to buy.

Yup, he’s a wacadoo but I sure wouldn’t mind to own one of the vehicles. Well except that awful looking SUV thing.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25355 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
I thought the name Francisco D'Anconia had more panache, though automobiles have more pertinence than copper mines in the Sierra Madre mountains in Mexico.

Smile

RE: a public company CEO tweeting that "I'm going to take the company private at $X". All I'll say is

1) he probably didn't get his legal team to pass on that, because

2) even if he is blowing smoke out his kazoo (or, especially, if he is blowing smoke out his kazoo) it is arguably an attempt to affect stock prices, by someone with inside information, so

3) stand by for shareholder (and maybe SEC?) action.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
the SEC declared back in 13 or 14 that declarations via social media are just as valid as press releases or SEC filings as long as the company involved has announced they will be using that method to communicate to stockholders. kind of hard to scream he was trying go hide something when 200,000-300,000 people all found out at once.

If I were him and I had the money lined up to take it private I would. Screw public filings and shareholder meetings where renegade idiots decide they know more about running a company than the founder does.

I think he is going to be wildly successful. All of the stuff he has been doing is leading up to the Tesla Wall. That is going to make him rich beyond his dreams. Distributed solar generation that can feed the grid or serve as reserve power for a house is a major step to low cost energy independence.

Remember, Amazon was a online book store that started in a garage. it took 6 years to generate a very modest profit. now they average between 1 & 1.5% of a tremendous amount of money.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
This sure does stink doesn't it? Right now he has to account to investors and govt regulators. I guarantee you this company is hiding some serious skeletons in the closet. Stuff that he doesn't want people to find out about. And if they do find out about it, Musk MUST have the company in private hands by then to limit his exposure.

I place high odds on Musk enjoying a very long stay at club fed, Bernie Madoff style within 10 years time.

This Musk character and his companies and resulting fallout and reason why) are going to be week long classes at the University.

quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
By going private doesn’t that make his financials become a lot easier to hide (the truth) from everyone? Ie, public traded everyone sees the upcoming disaster, private he can milk the visionaries for awhile longer.

This right here is the truth. He must hide the financials, or the ponzi scheme, ALL of it (Space X, Tesla, Borning Co.), ALL comes crashing down.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't know about that but I've been watchin', and I am sure that that danged pea is under the middle shell!

This may be closer than you realize. That pea sure smells like a tulip.

Has Tesla ever reported a profit? ~17 times book, current ratio of .79, infinite P/E, no past profitable operation. Sure better hope there is a lot of potential!
Ford had earnings of $157B in 2017, yet Tesla's market cap (a company that still has shown no profits) was greater than Ford's. Insanity rains supreme when it comes to Tesla.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
$420

Sounds like he's high.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
$420

Sounds like he's high.

Odd # unless he is high.

Other than ego there's nothing there worth $70,000,000,000. Wait for the bankruptcy sale.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
It is either an incredible coincidence that the price relates to the marijuana culture or he is just trolling, or.... Oh who can tell with Musk?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will using Tesla's for parts before you know it.

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
TSLA now lower than just prior to Elon Musk making his announcement. I guess the market doesn't think he is serious or capable of doing it.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
More meltdown with Musk. Those Obummer subsidies are running low.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...arful-interview.html

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
More meltdown with Musk. Those Obummer subsidies are running low.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...arful-interview.html

With his workload, he must be losing his mind. I think he should get off the Ambien though, that shit shouldn't be legal at all. There's better options for sleep.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was taking some enhancers to increase his own productivity...i.e. smart drugs (Adderall, Vyvanse etc...).

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Whack job

I wouldn't trust that guy to run a lemonade stand.

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
With his workload, he must be losing his mind.

This may be somewhat of a chicken-&-egg scenario.

Lately, it seems that half of Musk's workload is mitigating the fallout from self-inflicted bad-press originating from Musk's own twitter account.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
He can't get enough attention, so much so he tweets things that are potential SEC violations, doesn't confer with his Board before telling he world of his idea on going private,

Maybe he needs is a Suit made of Iron so he could get away from everything, save the world, bang Pepper Potts Big Grin

Link to Article

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
He needs to ease back on the Chilean Marching Powder.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just wish I didn't have to see his mother in makeup ads on tv. After seeing her I can understand where he gets it.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post