SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk Tweets that He Wants to Take Tesla Private
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk Tweets that He Wants to Take Tesla Private Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
"Am Considering taking Tesla Inc private at $420. Funding secured"

A truly bizarre way of making a major corporate announcement that will surely invite some lawsuits.

TSLA was trading at around $342 right before the announcement. Trading at $382 now.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting video about Tesla's and....

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He's a con man and he needs your cash.

Posts: 107481 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheni:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NuAMczraBIM" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

tractor and big equipment manufactures have been pulling that crap for years. I got the same line of BS from Kubota.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Arabs want to diversify.

Posts: 3904 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
He's a con man and he needs your cash.

^^^THIS^^^ He's just trying to manipulate the stock price.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Is he selling?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Need cash for the new Tesla-Delorean launch.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Apple/Tesla.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12619 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Wasn't the company primarily paid for by the US Taxpayer?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8341 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
How do you get cash by buying out publicly owned shares? You need cash to buy shares from existing shareholders, lots of it, especially at an all time high price.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't know about that but I've been watchin', and I am sure that that danged pea is under the middle shell!

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheni:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NuAMczraBIM" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I've watched this guys videos.
He'a brilliant.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I thought the name Francisco D'Anconia had more panache, though automobiles have more pertinence than copper mines in the Sierra Madre mountains in Mexico.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't know about that but I've been watchin', and I am sure that that danged pea is under the middle shell!

This may be closer than you realize. That pea sure smells like a tulip.

Has Tesla ever reported a profit? ~17 times book, current ratio of .79, infinite P/E, no past profitable operation. Sure better hope there is a lot of potential!

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin I think this pretty much nails it! Big Grin

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
That pea sure smells like a tulip.

Yup, I get the reference....I bet Warren Buffett is running away from Tesla as fast as his billionaire legs will carry him!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
He’s the Flim Flam Man...watch him close.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, maybe this will turn out like passing up Casio or Microsoft stock in the 1980s, but uhh, no. Just no. This guy is a con man.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

Big Grin I think this pretty much nails it! Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post