SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A prayer request - Daughter diagnosed with thyroid cancer...UPDATE, PG4...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A prayer request - Daughter diagnosed with thyroid cancer...UPDATE, PG4... Login/Join 
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I’ll include her in my prayers.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
PHPaul, my prayers are with you and your daughter. I too, had a Thyroid Cancer 2 years ago. My Endocrinologist felt a lump in my throat during examination. She ordered an ultrasound and biopsy. The biopsy result showed cancer. The nodules on the Left side were the ones with cancer. The one on the right was negative. The surgeon and I have decided to do Total Thyroidectomy, as the other one may become cancerous in the near future as well. We opted to take the entire Thyroid out.

Only negative side after surgery was that my voice became permanently hoarse. I can’t sing high notes anymore Big Grin. Also on Levothyroxine right after surgery and will be for the rest of my life. Also gained weight since surgery. Being monitored by my Oncologist since. Ultrasound and lab tests every 6 months.

I was told that survival rate for this type of cancer is high. I will include your daughter in my prayers.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
prayers up for the daughter and the family

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Prayers enroute for your daughter. Eventhough she is a grown adult she is still your child. ......... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your daughter.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Prayers and best wishes sent.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Done.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Prayers said and sent!

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Again, thanks SO much for all the prayers, wishes and information.

This place is the best! (Of course, we knew that...)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw this, but have sent my Prayers for her complete recovery and also asked that He comfort her and the entire family.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent!

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Prayers to your daughter for a quick and complete recovery.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to her and for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Praying for healing and recovery, PHPaul.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I freaking hate cancer so bad!!!!!!

I am so sorry to hear this. Your daughter, you, and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I will also be sending her positive energy. I hope she is able to beat it.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
An update with less than wonderful news:

They did a BRAF test which, if I understand correctly, looks for a gene mutation that affects the choice of treatments for certain cancers. A "positive" BRAF result is un-good.

She's positive, and has been referred to an oncologist down in Portland.

There's still a good chance of a positive outcome, it just got a little more difficult.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a positive outcome.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post