SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A prayer request - Daughter diagnosed with thyroid cancer...UPDATE, PG4...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A prayer request - Daughter diagnosed with thyroid cancer...UPDATE, PG4... Login/Join 
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Prayers have been offered.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Done sir

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for a full and speedy return to good health.

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
thoughts and prayers for her

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Glad they caught that early. Prayers sent.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to your daughter and the rest of your family.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your daughter. Hope it all goes well.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers from my family for yours!

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayer said for your daughter and your family

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prayers and best wishes!!!

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. And best wishes to your family.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
PHPaul, I am praying for your daughter.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Praying for a successful treatment and speedy and complete recovery.

I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer back in Sept 2015 (I was in my late 40s). I had it removed in December, so I had cancer for 3 months (that is, of course, a simplification, since I have no idea when it began or even what caused it). I have had no recurrences since, though I have annual ultrasounds even though I had the entire thyroid removed.

It's a PITA to have to see an endocrinologist every 3-4 months, and I hate taking even an Advil when I have a headache, so I don't like having to take a pill every morning for the rest of my life. Over the past 5+ years, I think I only forgot to take my daily pill twice.

From what I understand, the early diagnosis is a huge blessing. That minimizes the chances of it spreading (they were concerned about it getting into my lymph nodes).

It sucks taking a pill every day (artificial thyroid 'juice') for the rest of my life, but as far as cancers go, it could have been MUCH worse. I really have no reason to complain (especially since a friend of mine had stage 4 stomach cancer that almost killed him, and the wife of my cousin had throat cancer at the same time I was getting my treatment; she couldn't swallow for 10 months and it ended up killing her).

I am certainly not minimizing things; any cancer is a cause for concern. However, I consider it a blessing that we caught mine early (I had no symptoms at all that compelled me to check my thyroid; it was downright divine providence that we found it). I think most real problems/complications with thyroid cancer are from the cases where it wasn't caught early and it spread. It seems your daughter has been very fortunate to have caught it early.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
You got ‘em, brother. Best
T

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much, everyone!

@Hound Dog - Thanks for relating your experience. The early detection has given us a very positive outlook. I'm a little concerned that they only took parts of the thyroid, but I assume they know what they were doing.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your daughter's recovery, and prayers for you and your wife as I know it will also be stressful to you.

Blessings upon you Chief from another old salty sailor.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Positive and healing thoughts for your daughter Paul.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for her full recovery.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post