SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Struggling with iTunes, where my Tones go?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Struggling with iTunes, where my Tones go? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Can't think of a more unfriendly program than iTunes in the PC landscape.

Been using it for years, still I do not get it right and sometimes I go around in circles until I manage to what originally intended.

Today I need help locating my ringtones. Used to see them in the stuff to load/keep updated on my phone but somehow the option vanished and while my contents folder is still full of my ringtones, these will not show up on the phone.

Sure remember having the sync option tagged for all tones but I just can't find it anymore.

My ringtone used to be "Who are you", had the "Imperial March" and "The exorcist" for the spousal unit, "asshole alarm" for a bunch of people. Now it's all the default one.

You sure understand how badly I need the tones back Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Yes. The latest version of iTunes had changes to the way you deal with tones now. This link should help. There is no longer a separate tab in iTunes for tones. You have to manually add them to your iPhone.

Link

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Never seen haptics or whatever in my settings, been a long time since my last update. Phone is old and can't be replaced.

Hate iTunes with passion, just added a new reason for it.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

They've really screwed up the handling of Tones in the latest version of iTunes (12.7.4 on a Mac).

To add a tone, plug in your phone, highlight the phone icon in iTunes, and then drag and drop your chosen tones to the "On My Device" section in the sidebar.

I cannot figure out how to delete older custom tones, even with the link Angus supplied it does not work. So I just ignore the ones I don't want to use. Might be a Windows/Mac difference.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I cannot figure out how to delete older custom tones...

I had the same problem until I found this solution:

Delete Tones

This procedure worked for me. And yes, I agree, it shouldn't be this hard.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I lost about 100 dollars worth of music on my itunes account years ago during the ipod days. Logged on one day and it was all gone. Could not get support to restore. Never went back.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post