SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best racecar sound of all time, change my mind:
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best racecar sound of all time, change my mind: Login/Join 
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted
Otherworldly.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It probably won’t change your mind, but nitromethane.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
The old Porsche 917's and Ferrari V12's are my personal favorite.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I like the sound of my 355

Was never modified with a tuned exhaust as so many did so I really get to enjoy the low rpm rumble.

Posts: 53163 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
No chance of changing my mind without sound samples... Wink

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I imagine it sounds like this inside:
https://youtu.be/dmJH84FnQa8

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Oh, I dunno...
For us two wheel jockeys...
Alight thread drift

https://youtu.be/MBbskqcgs_o

Posts: 6300 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...annel=CharlieBeattie

One of the most scenic tracks, site of the Battle of the Bulge, with incredible speeds and sounds.
Site of the Belgium Grand prix formula one race.
And it rains there a lot.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's badass!!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 870 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
It probably won’t change your mind, but nitromethane.

Yes, this. Unbelievable. If you haven’t seen it in person, it really is a must do.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I gotta go old school.
Nothing sounds better to my ears than a big CU. IN. American big block running at 7-8000 RPMs.
A AA fuel dragster at idle and initial full throttle also does it for me.
No high revving sewing machines for me.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Gotta go with straight line American Muscle.

I was around it before I was born and have spent my whole life around Toys of Noise.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
i like the sound of An Indy Car Coming down the Front Straight,on pole day at the Indianapolis Motor Speed Qualifying for the The 500

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaMike:
i like the sound of An Indy Car Coming down the Front Straight,on pole day at the Indianapolis Motor Speed Qualifying for the The 500
A Cosworth

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5147 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Attend an NHRA national event. Listen , feel and watch a top fuel or funny car. You will never be the same. They move the earth. One of my favorite expierences is being in the stands with someone who has never seen one run. The look on their faces is priceless.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Does that thing have a flat plane crank?

As far as engines go nothing gets my blood pumping quite like the siren song of a high revving flat plane crank as it nears redline.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I had an opportunity to visit the Ferrari factory in Maranello. As I drove over the little bridge and came into the town I heard the most awesome automotive sound I have ever heard, the scream of the Ferrari V-10 F1 car testing on the factory’s test track. I turned over to my wife and said “If I die today I’ll be a happy man!”
Later that day we got to go to the track and even had lunch with the mechanics. It was a day I’ll never forget!

https://youtu.be/up1D6CKLb_Y

TURN IT UP!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post