SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best racecar sound of all time, change my mind:
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best racecar sound of all time, change my mind: Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sweet music from different instruments!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
At idle...

https://youtu.be/W2VOZvWR-4A

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flyboyrv6:
I’m with smisig... the V10 and then the V8 naturally aspirated F-1 cars, 18,000+ rpm, were painful if you didn’t have earplugs.

I'd only experienced them on video until the USGP 2017.
F1 Experiences had 2 2-seater V10s running between sessions & that sound is glorious. People stopped in their tracks to see what it was.

I inquired how much it was but got no response. I'm guessing "if you have to ask" levels of cost.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15320 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23451 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post

Trying to help tigereye out (though I think there's some better sounding ones out there)

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
^^Still awesome. Smile

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I think I can go you one better, smisig. One of my favorite race cars of all time, the 2018 Le Mans class winner, Porsche RSR in the iconic “pink pig” livery.

Ours is far from a race car, but I have to say our 345 HP 4S has a pretty cool exhaust note too. Wink

BTW, Porsche said that car went straight to Goodwood from Le Mans. No washing at all, bug splatter all over it from the 24 hours.

Great historic car! We saw it in the Porsche museum when we did our European Delivery.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6317 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
What say you tigereye313? ololololololololol

Love the comments on Youtube to the '64 Cobra Daytona Coupe video:

"As much as I love Ferrari this car sounds like a wet dream. Those others cars sound hopeless compared to it. It just roars into the straight like it came from the bowels of hell. That sound and power are what American cars are all about."

"That incredible sound of acceleration and outrageous noise of downshift makes even modern F1's shit their pants.
All hail the noise of good old carbureted pushrod V8!"

"I love the way it sounds, it genuinely sounds like a warbird flying low : big, mean, loud, throaty, and dominant. What a machine."

"That car sounds like T-rex coming down the track, man!!"

"This car is like the Angry God of race tracks and its very roar makes all other lesser cars tremble with fear."

I went to the 3rd Goodwood Revival in 2000 where there were 3 Shelby Daytona Coupes in the feature race, Danny Sullivan winning in one, passing John Surtees. Carrol Shelby was visible in the pits across the track from my vantage point. The sounds were awesome, I've got an audio recording somewhere.

Here's a report of that Goodwood Revival:

http://www.barchetta.cc/All.Fe...t.revival/index.html

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
I think I can go you one better, smisig. One of my favorite race cars of all time, the 2018 Le Mans class winner, Porsche RSR in the iconic “pink pig” livery.

Ours is far from a race car, but I have to say our 345 HP 4S has a pretty cool exhaust note too. Wink

BTW, Porsche said that car went straight to Goodwood from Le Mans. No washing at all, bug splatter all over it from the 24 hours.

Great historic car! We saw it in the Porsche museum when we did our European Delivery.

Smlsig, I understand the original 917 Pink Pig is there too. Stuttgart and the museum and factory tour is on our short list. We talked about it for next year, but, assuming our trip comes off as planned—Ireland and Normandy. Probably not time to visit Germany as well.

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's also exactly how they installed it in their museum. Very cool.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqYPU3MNqHw

Posts: 15320 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Then this pops up in my YT feed:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPBNuiouhgk

Order (of the video):
00:00 Ferrari 458 GT2
01:20 BMW Z4 GT3
01:55 Porsche 996 GT3 RS
02:50 BMW M1 Procar
03:59 Audi 200 Quattro
04:31 Chevrolet Corvette C6.R
05:37 Ferrari F430 GTC
06:01 Mazda 787B
07:03 Ferrari 412 T2
08:26 Porsche 991.2 RSR
09:07 Subaru Impreza 555
09:59 McLaren F1 GTR
10:59 Ferrari FXX Evo
12:15 Porsche 935 K3
13:29 BMW E30 M3 DTM
13:59 Ferrari F2004
14:46 Ferrari 333SP
15:38 Porsche 997 GT3 Rally

posted Hide Post
More......I want/need MORE!!!!!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Have long been a W201 fan & love the EVO II, especially the Hugo Boss car.
Jump to 2:45

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49PlWpRNzvQ

And another, featuring the Berlin 2000 car.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLjwBDq5W1M

posted Hide Post
Back in the 60s the A-12 & SR71 engine start cart consisted of twin Buick wild cat engines
with tuned open exhaust. When they cranked the SR it sounded like the Daytona 500. When we heard those engines, all worked stopped,quite a sight considering it was 53 years ago

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post