SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Baseball caps: how many do you have
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baseball caps: how many do you have Login/Join 
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I would like to find a good source for the type that I like. Caps without the button on top. I hate the button. It creates an uncomfortable pressure "hot spot" when I use a headset, as in David Clark for flying, or Peltor for shooting.

I also prefer plain caps, without advertising material. I don't really want to walk around with a billboard on my noggin.

http://www.larue.com/caps?sort=popular

They have a model with velcro on the front to put your own patch on or leave plain. Best of all, no button.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'd guess 30-40. In my golf addiction years I'd buy one from every course I played around the country when I travelled for work. I also have a lot of sports team caps as well. I don't a bunch of gun related hats.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Over 100 for sure. From the job. Gun sites, kettlebells, etc.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Several. (caps, ball caps, truckers cap, or just plain hats they are called around here sometimes) Every place used to give them away but not so much anymore. And the prices!!! I won't pay 15 or 20 bucks for one but I do have a few nice ones, souvenirs from vacations etc. Got a Route 66 one from a trip out west and I did buy a Pineapple Willy's Hat in Panama City that's pretty cool!
https://pwillys.com/beach-cam/

Every day work caps are $5 from TSC.
Yard work brings out the safari hat.
Also have a few News Boy or golf style caps for dressier occasions as well.

Do I wear them? Well... I grew up on my dad's construction sites so it started back then.
A few years ago I took my cap off at work one day... a lady I worked with looked surprised and said "You aren't bald, I thought you were balding, I've never seen you with your cap off" I had worked with her for 12 years... yea, I usually have a cap on, unless loafing inside at home.

It's automatic, I have to make an effort to NOT have a cap on.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chp37
posted Hide Post
I have several dozen, mostly from http://www.e4hats.com/ which has good prices, great selection and many options for caps or hats without logos, as I am not into advertising on my head unless it is important to me.
They range from ball caps to good quality boonies for fishing, hiking, hunting.

Posts: 586 | Registered: October 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I'm a one hat guy. I wear the ever loving crap out of my Seattle Mariners New Era hat, then the next season I get a new one. I retire the old used one to yard work/sweat in hat duty.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
30ish

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to be a couple of dozen. We've been trying to declutter, so now just 2-4, 2 of which are ATM logo'ed.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Nine

3 Pittsburgh Penguins
3 Pittsburgh Pirates
1 Glock
1 USS Abraham Lincoln that was purchased in the ship store while working as a contractor there
1 for my volunteer fire department class c uniform

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I haven't figured out a good way to wash them without shrinking or otherwise ruining them so they don't last long around here.

I use one of these. I put mine in the upper rack of the dish washer but they say it can be used in a clothes washer too.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
40 or so. I have original baseball crew hats from the USS Missouri, USS Florida, USS Seawolf, numerous national park hats, university hats, etc.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Probably 40 or so. I regularly wear 10-15 of them.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Two or three dozen.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
When I was in High School and college there was pretty much not a day that went by that I did not wear a ball cap. I have hundreds in a box. I have about 10 on the shelf.
I rarely wear one anymore. Makes my head itch like crazy never used to do that not sure what the deal is.

Pretty much only wear an Outdoor Research Sunrunner when working outside to protect my head and neck.
https://www.outdoorresearch.co...-cap/p/2434330002007

Skin cancer is a bit prevelant in the family.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I must have easily 50+ ball caps in my stable. The themes vary: vintage car parts, and speed shop-related, motorcycle, surfing, hunting-fishing, and then, the Carhartts. Usually, I'll EDC four or five hats per season, and then rotate them out. If you want to talk graphic tee-shirts, that's another whole topic.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to many! I would guess well over a hundred. I have them in bags, boxes stacked on shelves and on the dash of my truck!!!!!!!!!! Never know when you need a lid to cover the lite area on top the ole head. Frown

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
A lot. I have way too many to count.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
zero here.

I can't wear one. My head is too big.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Hey, guys.

Bruce Gray sells ball caps with no button:

Grayguns no-button cap

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I have boxes of them, I tend to collect them.

The most prized ones to me are the following
- The two from my old Fire Dept.
- Michigan State Police from my best friend the Troop
- One hat from each year I coached at U of M
- My Top Gun hat (a real one, not the movie hat)

I've got a Michigan State Police Bomb Squad cap. When I worked in the truck dealership the metro squad brought their truck to us for service. It was a thank you for us giving them priority and fast service when they came into the shop.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post