SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Baseball caps: how many do you have
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baseball caps: how many do you have Login/Join 
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I wear a Broncos baseball cap about a third of my waking life. But just the one, and when it gets too grody I buy a new one exactly like it.

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I used to wear the New Era team caps quite often back in the 90's when they were still $20 but now they're $30-35. The price and the fact that I hate wearing headgear because of the Army has me down to a visor and a black Beatles cap. Both are rarely worn. But at least wearing the patrol cap in the Army is better than the stupid beret.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I would like to find a good source for the type that I like. Caps without the button on top. I hate the button. It creates an uncomfortable pressure "hot spot" when I use a headset, as in David Clark for flying, or Peltor for shooting.

I also prefer plain caps, without advertising material. I don't really want to walk around with a billboard on my noggin.

I don't spend any effort looking for caps without buttons. I just remover the buttons from whatever cap I want to use with ears.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I have only six now. I threw out close to two dozen last fall when I cleaned out my childhood bedroom in my parents' home before they moved out.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Seven. I rotate wearing four of them.
When one of those wears out, I'll put one of the others into the rotation.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marue
posted Hide Post
Imelda Marcos has her shoe collection and I have my hat collection. Cool

Posts: 386 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I would like to find a good source for the type that I like. Caps without the button on top. I hate the button. It creates an uncomfortable pressure "hot spot" when I use a headset, as in David Clark for flying, or Peltor for shooting.

5.11 makes most of their baseball caps without the button. As for design, most are fairly discrete with a small logo on the bill or where the button would be.

I don't usually wear caps, but when I shoot I'll wear one of these for the very reason that it doesn't interfere with my hearing protection.

I saw that Columbia has recently gotten on board the no-button bandwagon with some of theirs as well.

Me, I probably have 8-10 baseball caps. A couple are former fraternity hats that I keep around for nostalgia sake, another 2-3 are for shooting (see the 5.11 comment above), a nice Texas Rangers hat, and a random Columbia hat. None of which I wear very often.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Maybe a dozen. I rarely wear one. I need a hat with a brim. I usually wear a boonie so I can throw it in the washer when it gets funky, which happens pretty quickly here in the desert.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have about 20 or so. Usually wear one because it keeps my dome from frying.

Posts: 521 | Location: maryland | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Around thirty. I spent twelve years in the Navy and ten years in the Army. I have a couple of Navy hats, an Army hat, and a Retired Army hat. I own a Corvette, so I have several Corvette hats. I worked at a LGS and have many gun related manufacturer's hats. I have several Life Member NRA hats.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Zero

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I have boxes of them, I tend to collect them.

The most prized ones to me are the following
- The two from my old Fire Dept.
- Michigan State Police from my best friend the Troop
- One hat from each year I coached at U of M
- My Top Gun hat (a real one, not the movie hat)

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that a while ago, there was some talk about a SIGforum hat. I wonder what ever happened to that? If it is made without a button, I would order some.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I've got about a dozen or so, but I wear mainly one. When it goes, I'll buy another like it and wear it out.

But recently, I've been wearing a boonie hat more and more, to give the back of my neck and ears a little more protection.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I haven't counted them, but my maid has filled a pretty big plastic box with them, so I'm guessing at least 40 or 50. A lot of them are of places I've visited, quite a few are H-D, and I've several just unabashedly American (flags, eagles, etc.).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
One, a San Jose Sharks cap that I've worn once.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I quit wearing caps long ago, and threw out at least 30-40. I just do not like the style anymore.

Though I do have three or four that I occasionally wear when shooting outdoors.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3. 2 are Red Sox hats, and one it a Montreal Expos hat I got at a convention last year. That one really went to the oldest kid.

I really need to find a good way to clean the Sox hats, as they are wool. Washing just shrinks them, but my fav one is def seem some wear and filth.

Posts: 795 | Location: NH | Registered: July 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only 1, White Sox.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I had a over 100 at one time but got rid of many.
Probably down to about 30.
My 2 favorite:

Sigarms hat is over 15 years old, it was black when new.
That hat has been to Jamaica, Vegas, NYC, Hawaii, and all over Texas.
It is retired now.

The Texas Longhorns hat is about 8 years old, it was black when new.
Wear it quite a bit, even swimming.
I wish I could find another one like it.
I have a orange one like it, but I can't find a black one.

One more I like to wear...

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post