SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Baseball caps: how many do you have
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baseball caps: how many do you have Login/Join 
Picture of craigcpa
posted
As I'm watching the beginning weekend of EPL and the cameras pan the crowds, I notice what, at least I think, an American trend: baseball caps.

Although not all baseball related, the style is truly Americana. So, I got to thinking of how many I have. Like guns, I don't know if I've ever counted them, but taking a guess I'd say I had over 10. How about you?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
100s and I rarely wear one.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I usually only keep five or six around and in rotation at a time. I wear one nearly every day so they tend to either wear out or get sweat/oil stains fairly quickly. I haven't figured out a good way to wash them without shrinking or otherwise ruining them so they don't last long around here.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
A dozen or so. Have 2 that I wear most of the time. My favorite is the one that I designed to celebrate my classes 50th reunion. I have a nice white one with some very discrete Coors Light mountains that I wore on vacation in June. I also have one NASCAR hat that I reserve for races.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I only wear 5 or 6 on a regular basis.

However, I own hundreds. I have a few dozen project caps from work that I'll keep for decades as they have good memories.

I get a lot of freebies from vendors and I save them for painting, yard work, etc.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
One or two. My hair is so thick that if I wear hats it gives me a headache

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Four. I have a big head (Size 8), so I have to special-order my hats. As a result, I only have a handful of ballcaps.

Standard ballcaps don't fit me, so I don't have that pile of free ballcaps that most people have collected over the years. All the normal caps I've ever received have either been given away or tossed out. "One Size Fits Most" doesn't fit me.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Several dozen.

Two aircraft carriers
My old command in the Navy
A couple of banks no longer with us
Rolling Stones
W - He's STILL President (from 2004)
Cran Montana a Swiss ski resort
Pt. Loma Seafood
2 NRA
Houston Oilers
Mooney
Longhorns (several)
My sons' high school water polo team
Tiara Yachts several
Cessna
L'Auberge de Sedona
"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas" 2 of these

I most often wear the USS Reagan one these days, shock and awe for all the AF geeks and geekettes around here who can't imagine landing on a moving 1,000' long runway with no golf course.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I'd guess about 30. I wear hats often, especially when outside in the sun (helps prevent those pesky actinic keratosis on the scalp)and at the gym or other times I don't want to worry about my hair going crazy. Of the ones I've got, only about 5 are worn on a regular basis.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
All my "baseball caps" are from various firearm related vendors/manufacturers. Probably 20 or so. Wear the SIG SAUER cap, when I go running. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I'm down to around 50 or so. Just got rid of a bunch - donated to different organizations in the area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
I'm down to around 50 or so. Just got rid of a bunch - donated to different organizations in the area.

Who would want a used baseball cap? That's like wearing someone else's underwear.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10 to 15. Mostly for golf but I favor just one. And it's needing a replacement soon.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I would like to find a good source for the type that I like. Caps without the button on top. I hate the button. It creates an uncomfortable pressure "hot spot" when I use a headset, as in David Clark for flying, or Peltor for shooting.

I also prefer plain caps, without advertising material. I don't really want to walk around with a billboard on my noggin.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3.One is new for the Nats, one of my son's former high school team, and the third is a former travel baseball team hat that is sweat stained and kind of nasty at this point. I wear that one for yard work.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I would like to find a good source for the type that I like. Caps without the button on top. I hate the button. It creates an uncomfortable pressure "hot spot" when I use a headset, as in David Clark for flying, or Peltor for shooting.

I also prefer plain caps, without advertising material. I don't really want to walk around with a billboard on my noggin.

me too
try these

I have a couple dozen billed 'trucker hats', none of which relate to any kind of ball game

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many, many of them. A man cannot have too many hats or cats!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

me too. try these <not repeating the photo>
That would work, but two problems:
  1. I already have a fairly pricey Peltor headset (P6). Ball caps are way cheaper than a new headset. If I can find the type caps I'm looking for.

2. That doesn't solve the aviation headset problem. Earmuff type headsets, noise cancelling, with a microphone. Like this:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I wear a most every day so I have quite a few in the rotation.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have over 50 and just let the 2 gand boys walk off with a dozen each. So more than I will wear out.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post