SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wristwatch affectionado's a question please...update!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wristwatch affectionado's a question please...update! Login/Join 
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
Hi! If you can send me a picture or serial number I can order touvone at cost. My email is david@mimisjewelryinc.com

WOW!! Thanks for looking in! I will Email you the serial number. I know very little about the watch and links. I appreciate the offer.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vic40204
posted Hide Post
Send an email our very own and very generous Dave Truong.

I can't say enough good things about him. He will take care of you.

+1

Vic Johnson

Posts: 798 | Location: Augusta, Georgia. | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pretty happy right now. I got ahold of Dave and voila, the link appeared. It is perfect. There are some many fakes out there, it was nice to deal with someone so trusted and get a great price. There is something comforting about dealing with the folks on SIGforum.
I realized I don't have the correct screw driver. I will try to get the link put on tomorrow and post up a picture.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
DavidSW on Rolexforums can likely source links for you. Brace yourself for the price, though. Precious metals links are going to be expensive.

I see you found some.

Any Rolex authorized dealer should have a few links on hand, or could get them quickly. Installing them is easy - a while-you-wait deal and for that price they ought to install them for you. Rolex links are going to be unreasonably expensive relative to the price of gold and the cost of making them, but they are the only maker of real Rolex parts, so unless you are willing to go with aftermarket parts, they are the only game in town. I'd suck it up and pay for the real deal. It is a watch that costs $30K new, so whats a few hundred more? Wink

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My little saga continued. As it happened I needed a second link. David was kind and sent out the second link. The bracelet is beautiful as is the watch. I have to work on my photobucket skills and post a picture or two. Thank you David for a great deal.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
DavidSW on Rolexforums can likely source links for you. Brace yourself for the price, though. Precious metals links are going to be expensive.

I see you found some.

Any Rolex authorized dealer should have a few links on hand, or could get them quickly. Installing them is easy - a while-you-wait deal and for that price they ought to install them for you. Rolex links are going to be unreasonably expensive relative to the price of gold and the cost of making them, but they are the only maker of real Rolex parts, so unless you are willing to go with aftermarket parts, they are the only game in town. I'd suck it up and pay for the real deal. It is a watch that costs $30K new, so whats a few hundred more? Wink

I was very disappointed with authorized dealer I went to in Norfolk. The watch is 30 years old. They said the would have to see if the correct links were available. After no follow up from the salesman I called back a couple times with no good results. I was really disappointed. That was the problem. Rolex makes their own gold so they can control the color and quality. They get a Premimum for them. The link value far exceeds the scape value. David knew a dealer that could get the correct links for me. I gave the serial and model number of the watch to get the links. David used his personal account with the dealer to make the transaction work. It was incredible how he easy he made the happen for me.

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
David is the man.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Glad you were taken care of. What an amazing family treasure. We are blessed to have David on board, what an amazing friend.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob at the Beach:
quote:
quote:

I see you found some.

I was very disappointed with authorized dealer I went to in Norfolk. The watch is 30 years old. They said the would have to see if the correct links were available. After no follow up from the salesman I called back a couple times with no good results. I was really disappointed. That was the problem. Rolex makes their own gold so they can control the color and quality. They get a Premimum for them. The link value far exceeds the scape value. David knew a dealer that could get the correct links for me. I gave the serial and model number of the watch to get the links. David used his personal account with the dealer to make the transaction work. It was incredible how he easy he made the happen for me.

Well? Pics?? Come on dude, we're all watch geek here!

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear Dave got you the links you needed

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Glad you got them, but TTIWWP.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
It was a pleasure to assist...SF is family.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6009 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
And this is why we love Dave.

Glad you got your watch fitted. Enjoy!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My photobucket is not cooperating. I need to figure out a different host. I will post up as soon as I can!

posted Hide Post
quote:

My photobucket is not cooperating. I need to figure out a different host. I will post up as soon as I can![/QUOTE]

Figured out tinypic ... not a good pict ...but here it is!

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Great watch, greater personal value. Congrats!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Awesome all the way around. David is a mensch.

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful watch.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Looks good. The day/date is a classic in yellow gold with a gold face.