SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bull bar for Jeep Grand Cherokee
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bull bar for Jeep Grand Cherokee Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
Hey all-

I am looking for a bull bar for the wife's 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I want it to be useful for pushing vehicles obstructing the way.
The ones I am finding are Armordillo (1 yr warranty) and Steelcraft (5 yr warranty) Both are similarly priced.
The requirements are "Black", "Minimal size" and "No lights".

https://realtruck.com/p/steelc...grand-cherokee/2015/
https://www.carid.com/2015-jee...late-1895620485.html

Does anyone have experience with these or others?

Thanks,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For your application, look at Setina. A bull bar wont cut it.
I dont know if they make one for a Cherokee.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/search?...jQBA&bih=660&biw=981

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice pics, Bendable. Pics isn't what I was looking for but thanks for pointing me to that new search engine Wink

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's how I search,
It's much easier for me to

Decide what I want and don't want
By looking at three dozen pics,
Than it is to go in to three dozen individual web sites.

And if you like something on a patrol car that is a Ford explorer,
You can call and ask them for the company name.

Then call the company to see if they offer it for you vehicle.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You want to push other non-moving vehicles out of the way without damaging or disabling your Grand Cherokee? Have you considered the laws of physics? You might get away with pushing a Prius out of the way, but good luck with an F250. You're gonna need a bigger truck.

Besides, isn't the Grand Cherokee unibody construction? Just seems to have bad idea written all over it.

Posts: 10822 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
For your application, look at Setina. A bull bar wont cut it.
I dont know if they make one for a Cherokee.

This is 100% correct and pretty sure Setina makes one for Grand Cherokees though not sure on years.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
You want to push other non-moving vehicles out of the way without damaging or disabling your Grand Cherokee? Have you considered the laws of physics? You might get away with pushing a Prius out of the way, but good luck with an F250. You're gonna need a bigger truck.

Besides, isn't the Grand Cherokee unibody construction? Just seems to have bad idea written all over it.

Bad idea? You bet! The point is to be able to push past an obstructing vehicle in an emergency, one time, without ripping off the bumper or setting off the airbags. Plus the intimidation factor for two-legged obstructions.
It's a heavy all-wheel drive vehicle with 290 hp/260 ft lbs torque. It will do a decent job of pushing more than a Prius if you put your foot in it.

It's not a wrecker or an emergency vehicle. I just want it to get the wife and kid out of a jam. We can fix any damage, after.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

posted Hide Post
Sell it. My wife has a 2014 Grand Cherokee and it's a POS. A coworker had one as well. I can't wait to be rid of this thing.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
The point is to be able to push past an obstructing vehicle in an emergency, one time, without ripping off the bumper or setting off the airbags.

I'd look at the installation videos. Other than intimidating looks, I don't believe these are going to meet your other criteria.

I looked at bigger bumpers for my truck, but the ones that would do the job weighed so much they would have put me over my truck's 11,400lb GVWR when toying our 5th wheel.

Posts: 10822 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gascan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Bad idea? You bet! The point is to be able to push past an obstructing vehicle in an emergency, one time, without ripping off the bumper or setting off the airbags. Plus the intimidation factor for two-legged obstructions.
It's a heavy all-wheel drive vehicle with 290 hp/260 ft lbs torque. It will do a decent job of pushing more than a Prius if you put your foot in it.

It's not a wrecker or an emergency vehicle. I just want it to get the wife and kid out of a jam. We can fix any damage, after.

Bruce

For both effectiveness and intimidation factor (emphasis on intimidation), get an ARB bumper. More that what you wanted to spend but you’ll get your money’s worth should the worst happen.

Posts: 135 | Location: Sunny St. Pete | Registered: March 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post