SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A poll: Are you buying ammunition at the current prices?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A poll: Are you buying ammunition at the current prices? Login/Join 
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I am a "nope, never" voter, but I am shooting my stash less than before (for example, I shoot with my two sons, we were running lots of Bill Drills into February 2020 as a contest, not any more!).

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nuts

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Nope. One of the few times I've been ahead of the curve. Bought cheap and stacked deep. That goes for components too.

Plus, I haven't popped a cap in months. Not so much to conserve ammo as no real desire and nobody to shoot with. I'll probably do a little refresher training when it warms up and dries out.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Nope. I've got enough components to get through this year and into next. I'm pretty sure over the course of this year I'll be able to snag primers and powder here and there at reasonable prices.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
If I can't find the bigger calibers (.308, 30-06, etc) at a reasonable price I buy the small stuff (.17HMR, .22) as it hasn't had much of a price increase and is readily available.

.17 will put critters in the pot or help liberate someone from their ammo should the need arise.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am trying not to. I am really only buying shotgun shells for trap and sporting clays right now. Prices on those have remained pretty much the same, but there is some hiccups with availability.

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not buying for myself

But have purchased recently for some new shooters
Who needed some to get started, they paid me back
But darn .80 a shot

RC

Posts: 1941 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
It's price gougers and hoarder time, I wonder too if this will slow gun sales, as buyers decide not to buy new guns because, no ammo.... Probably not... I've bought one this year, that's it...

MantisX just hit my desk and my co2 pellet P226 is it for practice. Haven't renewed the range membership either.

May be a tough year for ranges and small gun stores...

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
{snip}..... I buy the small stuff (.17HMR, .22) as it hasn't had much of a price increase and is readily available.

HUH Eek maybe I need to drive to Boardman to go shopping. .22 is anything but "readily available" where I am in the 'burbs of PDX.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
HUH maybe I need to drive to Boardman to go shopping. .22 is anything but "readily available" where I am in the 'burbs of PDX.

Hey man I like I said I got a house payment to make and a brick of .22 let’s deal. Razz

Seriously though your right .22 has gone to ludicrous speed as well.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Of course I would buy anything I really need at the prevailing price. I was ahead of the curve enough that I don't "really need" anything right now.

I agree about shotgun ammunition. What I see is more or less what it cost a year ago.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2079 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. I won't pay what they want and it's scarce anyways.
Haven't been in any type of gun store since March 2020.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Nope

I stocked up when times were good, have dialed back on range trips and practice via dry fire.

I’ll make what I have last as long as it needs to until prices and supply improve. Easily good for 5-10 years if needed so long as civil war doesn’t break out Wink

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I voted "Yes, limited replacing/stockpiling". When this started, I was sitting pretty good so I was still shooting at close to my normal rate. But I could also still get most components. Then those dried up.

These days I still shoot once or twice a week, but far fewer rounds per session. I still try to replace stuff as I can. If I find a box of .22, I buy it. I don't buy much factory centerfire, as I load that, but I'm doing the same with components...if I find them I buy them. I have my limits, though...I can't pay $200 for a box of primers...but I'd happily pay $50 or $60 if I could find them....or even $10/apiece for a couple of sleeves.

The problem lately isn't the cost...it's the empty shelves.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I voted "minor discretionary", but might have voted "nope, never" just as well. I've pretty much got what I need for a while, but wouldn't mind picking up a couple of boxes of ammo for one pistol I haven't had the chance to shoot much. The problem is that the ammo in question isn't one of the more popular cartridges around, so I'm going to have to wait no matter what. Other than that, I'm waiting for mildly unusual reloading components for a project or two that piqued my interest (light weight, popular rifle caliber, non-round-tip, and some cases) so I'm going to be waiting for the components longer than I'll be waiting for the pistol ammo!

OTOH, at current prices, I'll confess to having considered trading a couple of cases of ammo I bought cheap and stacked deep 'way back when for a new rifle, if I could find someone who'd take the deal!

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
If I can find at or near 'normal' prices, I'll grab a box or two.
Otherwise, I'm good.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15306 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
No. Absolutely not. I have enough to last me a while though my consumption has dropped off knowing it’s simply not possible to replace at present.

But I will not pay today’s market rate.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m stocked up so for now I’m riding it out. Future events could change my mind a little.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I sold all my guns and ammo a while back......

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post