SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    3 Fit Theory T-shirts anyone? Or any other US made Large Tall T Shirts. (Mine arrived ALL too small!!)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 Fit Theory T-shirts anyone? Or any other US made Large Tall T Shirts. (Mine arrived ALL too small!!) Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I am oddly shaped. XL is too boxy and wide Large is generally good fit but too short and any movement brings the tail above the waist showing off my gun.

Duluth Longtail T Shirt in Large Traditional Fit works for about a year and they shrink in the body. Length is still good but gets super snug under the armpits and can’t be worn anymore.
They run about $25 and are imported.

LL Bean has Large Tall Traditional Fit and I have not had them shrink on me and they are about $25 and imported.

Eddie Bauer has Large Tall and they shrink after the 5th wash and become unwearable. They are about $25 and imported.

JC Penney has a slew of Large Talls and frequently run clearances so many are under $10. Mostly made by Foundry and while they do not shrink they fade rather quickly and pit easily.

Came across this 3 Fit Theory. You fill out some questions they send you 3 different sizes for $33.50 and you send 2 back. Then each shirt you order after that is 16.50. They are made in the USA and claim they do not shrink.

So I am in the market for 7 shirts.
3 Fit Theory will run me $132.50
LL Bean will run about $175 though if I split the order up you usually get a coupon code for your next order so I would save some bucks. So price in the end would be similar.

Anyone have experience with
https://www.3fittheory.com/

Their ad is pretty funny. Not as funny as Dr. Squatch Soap’s which I bought solely after laughing at the video and it turned out to be good soap depending upon what type.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Du4j4P0unmc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Glad I’m not the only one who ordered Dr. Squatch soap after seeing the commercials...super entertaining and a great product to boot Smile...as for Tee shirts, I’ve got a mix of LL Bean and Jockey In XL tall...both have been GTG but I do wash Tee shirts in cold water which helps with shrinkage.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I am a large tall and I always can find shirts at under armour online or American eagle. Under armour are my favorite.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hanes beefy-t has become my go to tee. Excellent fit, very affordable and great quality compared to something like gilden.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may try these guys out. My current T-shirt is Carhartt. Fairly heavyweight and no shrinking. But the damn neck band wears out before the rest of the shirt.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
+1 for Hanes Beefy Tee

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I wear Carhartt, LL Bean or Eddie Bauer large-tall shirts. All 3 fit me very well. I’ve never had the shrinking problem you’ve had with Eddie Bauer shirts. I only dry my shirts on the medium heat setting. I am going to look into those 3 fit theory shirts though especially since they’re made in US.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
US based, reason prices, I might give them a try.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
they send you 3 different sizes for $33.50 and you send 2 back.

What do they do with the two that get sent back?

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:

Per the website, they are donated to local charities and clothing drives.

It does not say, but I bet that they are laundered before being donated.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30667 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Their website is skimpy on information. I'd like to know what their 3 fits are.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:

Their website is skimpy on information. I'd like to know what their 3 fits are.
I emailed customer service with that question, waiting for a reply.

Best guess, pending information from them, one of the shirts is the size that you think you need, the other two are probably next larger and smaller sizes.

I'll post back here when (if) I receive an answer from them.
UPDATE: I received a reply. All three are the same size, your best guess at what size you are. They differ in detail like cut. If the size is wrong you can exchange for a different size, for a fee.

Might be a disconnect between the person at 3 Fit and me, but I detected a bit of snarkiness in her email that I did not think was appropriate in a business communication, especially in a response to a potential first-time customer who is asking a pre-purchase question.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30667 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:

Per the website, they are donated to local charities and clothing drives.

It does not say, but I bet that they are laundered before being donated.

Charitable Donation likely some sort of tax write off.
I am good with that. If they are made in the states, don’t shrink, and are good quality. Being after buying a few they are cheaper than the imports I am good with it.
Though I tend to hate these clickbait style websites with very little info.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Did my 3 shirt fitting order.
I dislike your first shirt has to be black or white. I wear neither. I guess the white one I ordered will be an undershirts.

It gets into different fabric and threads for later purchases.

Hopefully these will be decent.

Guess we’ll find out.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Hanes works for me, also needs to have a pocket.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxl:

Hanes works for me, also needs to have a pocket.
I prefer a pocket, too. Most of the t-shirts that I wear for work ar Carhartt, or in warmer weather, Key works for me, although not as sturdy as Carhartt.

The 3 Fit people said that they expect to have a version with a pocket later this year.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Invest in some Downy Wrinkle Releaser, it relaxes the threads in a t shirt. You will find it keeps your current shirts comfortable. at least those are my findings.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Duluth Longtail T Shirt in Large Traditional Fit works for about a year and they shrink in the body. Length is still good but gets super snug under the armpits and can’t be worn anymore
I would buy XL and tough it out for a year till they shrink to just right.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
quote:
Duluth Longtail T Shirt in Large Traditional Fit works for about a year and they shrink in the body. Length is still good but gets super snug under the armpits and can’t be worn anymore
I would buy XL and tough it out for a year till they shrink to just right.

No desire to spend $175 on shirts so I can look like a complete bag of ass for a year.

————————————————

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ Not to mention most of Duluth trading’s shit is made in Communist China.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post