SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Terrifying arsenal of guns and ammunition found at home of would-be school shooter
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terrifying arsenal of guns and ammunition found at home of would-be school shooter Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Isn't it interesting that right after government completely dropped the ball on the kid in South Florida, and further destroyed the withering credibility they had, they get a very public win with a kid in California. Let's just say I find the timing to be a bit, shall we say, convenient.

If they actually shut down a potential school shooting, great. But I've reached a point where I trust virtually nothing government does or says anymore.

Not to rain on a conspiracy campfire, but couldn’t it be possible that the little prick saw all the attention the Florida shooter was getting from the 24/7 news blitz, and decided he’d like in on some of that attention, so started planning his own event?

Occam’s razor. I find it highly unlikely that in two weeks time a Fed/local conspiracy was put together, complete with unregistered weapons owned by an older brother. More likely a “me too” on the infamous bandwagon of school shootings.

Want to lower these shootings? Lower the news coverage to the back page of the newspaper, report it, and move on. Don’t even mention the shooter’s name.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
90 mags is a lot, so I can see them being worried.
LMFAO, you must not get out much.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
90 mags is a lot, so I can see them being worried. Either way, his brother is now in trouble, felonies unfortunately.

I better not say how many mags I have, let alone ammo. Too bad it all sunk in a boating accident.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Tonight my local news reported he had “ghost guns” he built himself, which were untraceable....

Do "Ghost Guns" go BOO instead of BANG?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Tonight my local news reported he had “ghost guns” he built himself, which were untraceable....

Do "Ghost Guns" go BOO instead of BANG?

That plus I don’t think you can even see them unless you have all that high tech ghost hunter equipment.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Want to lower these shootings? Lower the news coverage to the back page of the newspaper, report it, and move on.

That’s been glaringly obvious to me since Columbine. It’s been a long time since I’ve read the Denver Post, but for years as least they ran articles on the anniversary of the incident that rehashed everything, including mentioning the murderers’ names over and over. They’ve done more to immortalize the killers than they did themselves.

I’ve never talked to a news business representative about it but if one ever said anything about the need for gun control, my immediate response would be that I might give up some of my Second Amendment rights after all the media vultures give up their First Amendment rights to report on such incidents and thereby pour gasoline on the fire.

FWIW, in actually reading Condoleezza Rice’s statement about the matter, that’s how I interpreted that portion of it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Army veteran and 90 magazines. Wonder if they were stolen from the military?

Wondering that myself.

quote:
Even if guns were self-built, the purchase of the receiver is trackable. Maybe they were or were not under his name, but they gave no details.

No, it isn't if it's a 80 percent lower.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:

Wondering that myself.

They look like NHMTG / Milspec with a good amount of wear, so I'd say fair chance they are.

Shocking that they call that an 'arsenal'. It's just a couple of guns and some ammo in my book.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of nice Colt 1911's.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing he didn't buy $1300 in magazines retail somewhere out of state and bring them in.

No idea how tightly they are controlled but I'm guessing they would see if that many were missing...Unless he's in charge of the armory. As far as the firearms, the are probably legally bought when assigned out of state and brought home.

He should go smack the brother for screwing up- his life.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:

Wondering that myself.

They look like NHMTG / Milspec with a good amount of wear, so I'd say fair chance they are.

Shocking that they call that an 'arsenal'. It's just a couple of guns and some ammo in my book.
Heck, I have more than that OUTSIDE my safe!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post