SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Signed up for Hospice Care today
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signed up for Hospice Care today Login/Join 
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Jim, I am only an hour away. If there is anything I can do for you my email is in my profile.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Fair Winds and Following Seas, virtual SigForum shipmate.

I dated a hospice nurse when I was in college. She was an absolute saint by day and a wild demon of debauchery by night. Her co-workers seemed of a similar cast. I should have married her. Hopefully you can derive a bit of enjoyment from speculating on the private lives of the cute hospice nurses you are encountering.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Jim -

Despite only knowing you through the internet, I have come to respect your knowledge and wisdom. It is clear to all that you are an accomplished man who has led a rich and full life.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Words always fail me in times like this, so I usually end up saying nothing at all. However, reading your posts over that past few years regarding your pulmonary condition has been a source of inspiration for me and your intellect and insights into the legal and political situations of the day I have greatly admired.

Your days may be numbered, as are all of ours. Yet you may outlive a lot of us. Only God knows for sure.

Stay strong! My prayers are with you.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
This is sad news and sincerely wish you all the best that is possible. God bless.

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Wishing you all the best and a comfortable journey.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always looked forward to your posts, but was sad to read this one. Prayers sent. May God bless you and your family!

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Darn, sorry to hear this.
Something like this may be in my future at any time as well, in other words, the day is coming.

I really appreciate you as a member here at sigforum so thanks.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Jim, my heart is heavy reading this, I'll not say good bye but will see you later on the other side of things....Godspeed my friend

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Like many others, I am at a loss for words in this situation. I have enjoyed your posts over the years and I hope someone will able to continue finding interesting and pertinent articles for our reading pleasure.

As to what someone else said about hospice, you have made a good choice. My wife worked for a hospice group many years ago. She was only on the administrative side but she loved the work they were doing and is still a big supporter to this day.

God be with you.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
You will be missed here. I always looked forward to your posts, you brought a lot of 'external' knowledge to this forum.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this is where you are, and hope for the best for you and your family in your time together.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Jim, I am saddened to hear that you are going on hospice. However, I am happy that you have chosen to go that route. Hospice is an absolute blessing (I know because I worked at a Denver Hospice for many years).

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
JALLEN your posts are those I always look forward to and read. This latest one not so much.
I have some very serious health issues and have looked to you and a few others here for some direction in my journey in your posts.

We have never met but your posts are very much and insight to your intellect and being.

Know that I wish you love and peace and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn Jim. I had hoped things would have stabilized some but obviously they haven't. I, like everyone else here, have continued to enjoy and appreciate your contributions. I also was thankful for our brief email exchanges about supplemental O2. At least my need has gone along with a change from that chemo drug that visited such side effects upon me. Sadly you are not likewise getting surcease. But it certainly appears your attitude remains resolute. Just keep your hands were they should be when in close contact with those hospice nurses! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will be fondly remembered here, and I suspect often talked of.

Whatever time remains, may it be filled with comfort, warmth, and love.

I wish peace upon you and yours.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Pray you are able to be at peace. God bless.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Thank you for making this forum that much better — your wit and wisdom will be missed greatly.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
I am sorry that you are having to make this decision but grateful that you could. Hospice treated my mom wonderfully during her last days. They kept (and my family) comfortable and pain-free during her last days.

Peace and strength

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim

You have contributed so much to this forum through the years. I have gained so much insight from your posts. You can see from my post count that I don't contribute much but rest assured I read everything with your name on it.

You and your family will be in our prayers. I hope you have an incredible journey to what happens next.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post