SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Signed up for Hospice Care today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signed up for Hospice Care today Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I wish you the very best as your time with us comes to an end. May it be as comfortable as possible. I hope it's filled with an abundance of love from family and friends..

Your wisdom and insights will certainly be missed.

I can’t say it any better than this. It feels cheap to merely quote, but some things can’t be expressed more aptly.

Likely, I never made any sort of important or lasting impression on you, but if it means anything to you at all, you made an important and lasting impression on me. I thank you for sharing your mind with us. You’ve been important to people you’ve never met, don’t know, and don’t care about, who value your opinion higher than some amongst their own. This is no small feat.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, I'd like to offer you a personal thank you. I've exchanged commentary with you many times over many years, and have learned far more from those exchanges than you can imagine. Your approach has always been one of offering to educate based upon your extensive knowledge and experience, something many of us can only envy. I can't begin to tell you how many times you prompted me to rethink my opinion/position on a topic. For someone I've never met face-to-face, you sir have had a profound impact on my perspective, and for that I thank you.

I don't know how much longer you'll be with us, but I'm very thankful for the time you have shared with us so far. May god bless you sir.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family JALLEN.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well, JALLEN. Rare is the time that I have read your posts or linked articles and not been made to think on a higher level or examine issues from a new angle. Thank you for your immense input to this wonderful forum.

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn!
I hoped to have another lunch with you. Thanks for all your posts over the years. You will be missed.
FL

Posts: 300 | Location: Canyon Lake, TX | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
JALLEN, you and I have never met, and I don't believe we've ever communicated directly.
But you are certainly "one of the 'regulars' here," and I've enjoyed your posts often. Many of the articles you've posted have been quite thought-provoking, and I have appreciated your efforts in getting us to think about things and to think about topics fairly

I second what vthoky says. We’ve never met nor communicated that I remember but your insight, wisdom, and just the way you have conducted yourself in the many years I have been here have made a great and wonderful impression on me. If we’d had the chance to meet you seem like a man I could have and would have called friend.

May your days be filled with comfort and joy and satisfaction of a life well lived. God bless you sir.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6726 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
JALLEN I was blindsided reading this because I didn't know you were struggling with a medical condition, if posted I somehow missed it. I concur with the good things others have said about hospice, they were extremely helpful not only for my parents when they became ill but in helping me deal with their illness as well.

Like many here I always look forward to reading your threads, and your comments on other threads.

We've never met but my thoughts are with you JALLEN.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All our prayers for you and your family.
God Bless

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I never even gave a thought to reading you like this. I know of your illness. I actually searched on line some time back for you. Just wanted to put a face to a name Jim. I searched Lawyer and Attorney, not tuba player. I am just sort of coming out of the gloom of losing a family member. I will do my best to keep track of your posts here as time allows. You'll know how much we all will miss but remember you. Take one day at a time sir and keep us abreast of your doings. We love you JALLEN.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Wow, man. I was not expecting to read this, I don’t really know what to say. I know there’s nothing any of us can that change anything. I’m glad I’ve taken the time to read so many of your posts. I kind feel like I’ve gotten to know you over the years. I’m sure there are a lot of other people here who look for your posts - you will be missed.

God bless and keep your family safe.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, I am glad to have had the great opportunity to meet the man behind all of these thought provoking posts! You are the real deal! You and your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't post much, but I have been an ardent follower of sigforum since I joined. And you sir, have been one of the main reasons! Thank you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with all of us.

God speed and God bless.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
There are many people who I truly wish I could have met in life, and regret that paths never crossed before time, energy, funds, etc...

May God grant you all the possible peace and comfort as you pass through this phase in life.

Thanks for the words, instructions, and guidance that you have provided me, albeit unknowingly.

Thank you for your Service, to the Republic, and to the forum.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, I've never met you except for the years on this forum...many folks use the term "imaginary friends"...but I know you are not "imaginary" and I do consider you a friend. It breaks my heart to read this. All I can say is that you, your wife and family are in my prayers facing this time in your life.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You and I have “hung out” here for about the same amount of time. Thanks for taking the time to do what you do and sharing your insight, criticism, and wit. Godspeed and God bless.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I’m very sorry it has come to this, Jim. From one Navy veteran to another, thank you for your service and to all your contributions to the forum.

You are without a doubt certainly the most articulate member here. I always look forward to your posts.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the times you helped when I asked you questions online. You've been a real gentleman and a wise teacher to many of us for years.

May God bless you as you go forward.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Well...damn

We’ve spoken via email,about ham radio and flying and your point to point bridge out to the garage. I was really hoping you would get back on the airwaves soon. I wish we could have met in person.

Blue skies and tailwinds to you my friend for the next chapter.

I hoist a glass of Macallan 12 year in your honor tonight.

You have my number and email should you need anything.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I would agree with a post saying you are the highlight of this forum. I have great respect for, and gravitate to your opinions on important subjects.

May our kind and gracious Heavenly Father grant you peace and comfort.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My best to you JAllen. I hope you get to enjoy the end of your life. Give everyone a hug.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post