SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Signed up for Hospice Care today
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signed up for Hospice Care today Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Jim, I am sorry to hear your condition has reached this stage.

I've enjoyed your posts a great deal over the years. SIGforum has been a better place for your being here.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am saddened to hear of this. You are one of the posters that I really looked forward to reading their comments on different issues and you will be sorely missed. Although I never met you I learned to have deep respect for you.

Posts: 1158 | Location: Near Orlando, FL | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for comfort.

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I have written a number of posts for this thread and erased them. My FIL, who was also my best friend, had IPF. I watched him gradually give up the things he loved -- sell his plane and then his boats and then become unable to walk out to his shop.

He wanted to see me during his last hospitalization; he asked me to take care of his wife. After I left, his doc started a morphine drip and discontinued the supplemental oxygen.

The disease can progress rapidly or slowly. I pray that yours progresses slowly. May God bless you, sir.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I have written a number of posts for this thread and erased them. My FIL, who was also my best friend, had IPF. I watched him gradually give up the things he loved -- sell his plane and then his boats and then become unable to walk out to his shop.

He wanted to see me during his last hospitalization; he asked me to take care of his wife. After I left, his doc started a morphine drip and discontinued the supplemental oxygen.

The disease can progress rapidly or slowly. I pray that yours progresses slowly. May God bless you, sir.

Thanks to all.

It has progressed slowly, so far. When I was diagnosed in 2011, I was told that 80% died within 5 years of diagnosis, some within months, others years longer. No one could predict.

So here we are. I got my by mail ballot yesterday and will send it back early, just in case. I don’t want the God Damned Commies to have a chance to sneak in an absentee ballot in my name!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I got my by mail ballot yesterday and will send it back early, just in case. I don’t want the God Damned Commies to have a chance to sneak in an absentee ballot in my name!

Last of my morning coffee is all over my keyboard. As Para said, humor intact? CHECK! LOL Big Grin

All my best Jim!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John 3:1-3: There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Born again means to accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior.

John 3:15-17: that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
Perish means being separated from Christ for eternity in the lake of fire

John 14:6: Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
There's no other way to get to heaven except to accept Christ as your personal savior.

Mark 16:16: He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
Condemned means to be separated from Christ for eternity, believing means to be with Christ for eternity

John 10:9: I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

Acts 2:21: And it shall come to pass, That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.

Acts 4:12: Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

Acts 16:31: So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.

1 Timothy 2:3-4: For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Romans 10:9: that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Jim, I've respected your opinions and posts here, and I respect you and yours even further for the dignity and honor with your impending departure from this adventure. I wish you comfort and peace as you transition from this existence to whatever may come next.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JALLEN,

You are a SF treasure and have touched so many as this thread attests.

You will remain in our prayers.

Posts: 330 | Location: Go West! | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
So saddened to hear of this. email inbound. You are in my thoughts and my prayers.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

Thanks to all.

It has progressed slowly, so far. When I was diagnosed in 2011, I was told that 80% died within 5 years of diagnosis, some within months, others years longer. No one could predict.

So here we are. I got my by mail ballot yesterday and will send it back early, just in case. I don’t want the God Damned Commies to have a chance to sneak in an absentee ballot in my name!

Attaboy JALLEN, a true patriot and fighter for the cause until the very end. Bless you.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and yours. Your posts are a big reason I jump on SF every day.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello JALLEN, we do not know each other personally except through this wonderful forum. However, I have enjoyed your posts and have respected you. It saddens me to read of your condition, however whatever anyone believes, God is the one in control of everything. I pray that whatever happens, that you are Happy, Comfortable, and Loved. God Bless !!! Smile

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3054 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
Here's to you on a life well lived! I hope we can all have the peace you seem to have with. I am still looking forward to your many posts in the future.

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You still owe us an Aggie joke or two! Cool
Gig’em!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
You still owe us an Aggie joke or two! Cool
Gig’em!

Aren’t they all?

When God made Aggies, He was just jokin’.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tenkey:
JALLEN,

Amen

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
quote:
Originally posted by tenkey:
JALLEN,

Amen

+1000 on this. I've always admired the clarity of your thought and chuckled at your wit, Jim. My best to you and your family.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
I have tried to reply to this and have deleted things many times. The response is always so small compared to how big you have been here. I sincere wish of the best for you and your family.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That's how they get you on those lifetime warranties.

Seriously though, your even keeled, non-patronizing, non-condescending, manner of posting has been example for me and helped me temper my tone. Your informative posts have made me wiser and more knowledgeable. For both, I thank you.

You will be missed.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post