SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are you cooking this Labor Day weekend?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you cooking this Labor Day weekend? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Pork chili verde Smile

Me too!

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Venison roast with potatoes, beets, carrots, celery, turnips, celery, zucchini, yellow squash, okra and three kinds of hot peppers.
All from my garden.
Also added barley, salt, basil and Worcestershire Sauce.
Five hours in the crock pot and viola, dinner is served.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Last nights dinner. Ate too much at brunch for scallops and king crab, so I put the crab in the freezer since it hadn't defrosted yet. These were some of the best scallops I had ever made. Some blacked red fish seasoning and S&P, very simple, with a coating of garlic butter left over from making garlic bread. Cooked on the grill with a thing that looks like a frying pan with holes in for doing veggies and other small stuff. Cooked perfectly, cooked to temp, but the softest juiciest scallops I've ever had.

The Alfredo sauce was very easy. Same garlic butter I used for garlic bread and coating on scallops. Brought to temp, dropped some flour in it, made roux. Added whole milk and parm until I got the consistency I wanted added some S&P. Perfection.

Scallops and homemade fettucine Alfredo, yum. Served with a Cesar salad.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I cooked some parmesan encrusted wings on the Big Green Egg last night, they were delicious.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boneless chicken breasts that have been marinating in Ken's zesty Italian dressing since Saturday.
4 in the dish and 2 will go in the cast iron skillet and 2 on the grill. Vegetable of some kind along with my companies pita bread done on the grill also.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post