SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another dishwasher question...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another dishwasher question... Login/Join 
posted
Hello All,

I know Appliance Brad is the resident Guru - but wanted to see if anyone had any input on my situation. We built a new house 2 years ago. It came with a GE dishwasher, model GDF510PSD2SS.

About 2 months ago, it quit drying. Is there a common part that would cause this? Wife wants a new dishwasher & I'm like - this is new! Curious what could cause it and estimate of fixing would be.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 239 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: October 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most likely the heating element. If so, they're $50-80 usually depending on brand and an easy swap. Not sure diagnoses steps.

Next time your wife asks for a new one because this one won't dry, tell her that that is what she is there for. Then run like hell!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL! Thanks for the response. I was assuming the part would be something like that. And, about telling the wife that, I may look stupid, but....

Posts: 239 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: October 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post