SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ohh, really unsolicited scratch off sweepstakes card we are the grand prize winner of the RV??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ohh, really unsolicited scratch off sweepstakes card we are the grand prize winner of the RV?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
You know how you get those silly scratch off sweepstakes thingies in the mail.
I always scratch them off just for fun. Never had a match or even really cared. Got one in the mail today for the local bazzzillion acre RV place that likely has 2500 plus RVs on the lot. The cost of the inventory on that place has always boggled my mind.
But anyway scratched it off for fun tonight and sure enough matched the grand price numbers.
1:150,000,000 odd of doing that!! Eek

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
They all match. It's a scam. (I don't know that for a fact, but that's my guess.)

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
So, you take it and $95,000 to the dealer to redeem your prize? Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Tell them to cash you out.

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
They all match. It's a scam. (I don't know that for a fact, but that's my guess.)

My guess too. Though I have scratched these in the past from car dealerships and never had a match

————————————————

I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
What a coincidence, i won too! Big Grin

Posts: 1823 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I like the ones from car dealers where they send you a chrome plated plastic key. If you bring it in and it starts the car, you win it.

Of course, the car has a keyless ignition. Frown

That said, you have to take it in at least. You may have actually won! Eek

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have gotten a few of these as well. I have won a few things,(on their paper/scratch offs), but I never went to the dealers and they never called me to confirm. Like the others have said, I too believe it is more of a scam to get you to come down and buy one.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
So, you take it and $95,000 to the dealer to redeem your prize? Big Grin

Yup. Aint winning grand?

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yooper Chevy dealer sent me a card that offered a free Yeti tumbler if I test drove a new Traverse.
Went in and told them I had no interest in a Traverse and would not buy one. They wanted me to test drive it anyway. I did. Nice vehicle.
Left with a Yeti tumbler.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
Yeah I won ten grand the same way...

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Well... did you take home your new RV yet?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24044 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Isn't and RV just a giant van with ugly rims?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
So what's in the "fine print" on your "winning" ticket??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Don't worry he'll get some rims and a sound system.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assume, for the sake of argument, that the ticket is legitimate and you did indeed win that RV. So, now you have won a $100,000 prize that the IRS is going to consider as income and asses you the taxes on that $100,000.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
No one ever answered at the number I was directed to call.

————————————————

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Closed for the weekend?

"Your call is very important to us."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Read the fine print.

I ran into something similar recently. Car dealership. Scratch off card, match 3, win prize.
Looked like we won $1000.00

When you read the fine print, it basically said the pics mean nothing, you’ve just the chance to win 1 of the 7 available prizes. The smallest prize was a cheap Bluetooth speaker with odds of winning being 1:1
The old bait and switch...

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Don't worry he'll get some rims and a sound system.

Yeah, but did he ever get the rims for the Sienna??? Confused

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post