SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ice Cream - Is there a Phish Food alternative?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ice Cream - Is there a Phish Food alternative? Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted
I know we have some Ice Cream guys here.

There is a flavor of ice cream called Phish Food. It's made by Ben & Jerry's and it's delicious. It used to be my own addiction to carry, but now my 10yo daughter has discovered this bliss.

Does anyone know if there's a comparable non-Ben & Jerry's replacement? I'm not looking to make any kind of political stand or anything. It just costs so much for so very little and, ideally, it'd be nice to find a replacement that comes in a larger container. (I mean, 5 gallon bucket would suffice, but I know it's not doable.)

We're looking for Chocolate Ice Cream with Marshmallow and Caramel swirls, with chocolate pieces or chunks.

No. Rocky Road is not allowed. Basically any kind of nut would ruin any solution or replacement idea.

Anyone have any thoughts?

EDIT - I suppose we could try making it ourselves, since you can't exactly order Ice Cream from Amazon, but this is why I came here, and didn't go to notSigForum for advice or wisdom.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Wish there was....I'm a certified addict of Phish Food!

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Hood and a few others make chocolate and marshmallow swirl ice cream. I suppose you could get that and a jar of caramel and some chocolates.

Posts: 6345 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
There's always DIY:
https://www.sugarhero.com/home...hish-food-ice-cream/

But for retail each is missing one of your ingredients but still... I like this brand as no HFCS is used.

These use HFCS:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16189 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
One of each of the above, mixed, should almost get you to your 5 gallon requirement.

Big Grin

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I'm not looking to make any kind of political stand or anything.
No, but those cream-sucking commie bastards at B&J sure as Hell are.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Yeah well. Fuck those guys for that.

Also, fellas, thanks for the suggestions!

Sincerely, my winter layer.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I get the feeling I'm the only member of this board that has seen a Phish concert (I'll be attending my 50th this summer).

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

The funny thing is I think they sold out to Unilever long ago and Ben and Jerry don't have anything to do with running it now. But Unilever continues to parade the commie shit around to stay relevant to the social justice warriors.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Tillamook has several varieties that should meet your requirements. Not sure if it is available in your area though.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Tillamook has several varieties that should meet your requirements.

Jib Jab! See my illustrated post above! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16189 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I remember one hot, sunny day we were driving through Aspen and the idea of ice cream just struck me as a great idea. But the only store was a Ben and Jerry's. So here I am, a good American boy, jeeping in a communist stronghold and my only ice cream choice was true red commie. So what did Dick do?? We drove on and up and over Independence Pass and down toward Leadville. Even lead is to be prefered over commit crap. Yes, I probably shaved that morning with gay razors, too. It was only 15 or so years ago.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
If you added some pecans to that, you'd really have something.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm a straight chocolate guy and prefer our local Blue Bell. I wish you luck on your crusade, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post