SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Body cam shuts down race baiting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Body cam shuts down race baiting Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
Please delete if this is jib jab.

This makes my blood boil.

http://wtvr.com/2018/05/07/bod...ccusations-go-viral/

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I've not seen this one posted in the Forum yet, but what really makes me mad, is this is now the 3rd such situation posted in the Forum this month alone.

The first one was the School Board woman in NJ and the second was the pastor/NAACP president from one the Carolina's.

The bodycams for the Police are certainly proving these "race baiters" wrong and I hope they each get sued for defamation and whatever else is possible.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Watch out for these people with the hyphenated last names. Spells trouble.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Mark Dice snagged her in the second half of the video Para posted here:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7420058144/p/4

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hyphenated last name

[John Wayne] That is all [/John Wayne]

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I was thinking (when I saw the video from the lady that claimed the cop raped her) that all these people being proven wrong by body cam footage need to be charged with something serious.

That is going to be the only way to slow down this BS.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Similar incident happened in McKinney, Texas (I think it may have been posted here) except it was a city councilman and he DID get a trip to the hoosegouh. I like happy endings! When did people get the idea signing that ticket is optional?

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just love the shit kicking music in the background!
This is an example of what has been going on for years and years with mostly minorities and unity ups complaining if stopped and ticketed. Even if they were given a verbal warning, they still complained with made up crap....Thank goodness this deputy had the body cam on. If a formal complaint was made to the SO, I would file criminal "Filing a false police report" and arrest this woman.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was with a black Trooper when I was with the Ohio Highway patrol as an aux officer.
We pulled over a man and woman for going 50 in a 35 zone. As we got to the car, the woman started screaming at the Trooper for stopping them.
He explained why he stopped them and then she screamed at the top of her lungs that it was racist and that her son(in his 30s) was not speeding.
She called us all kinds of names.
He did not ticket him.
I shamed him over it the rest of the shift.
15 over in town is not acceptable.
Maybe he had never been called a racist before?

This was about 1993, so this is not new. Glad they have body cams, it protects both parties.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
All that crap does is encourage "us vs. them" outrage mentality and will get more people hurt or killed.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
I was thinking (when I saw the video from the lady that claimed the cop raped her) that all these people being proven wrong by body cam footage need to be charged with something serious.

It won’t happen.
The body cameras knock complaints out all day long.
I have suggested to our administration that we not be so quick to mention the video.
Vast majority of the time someone calls in a complaint, supervisor says I’ll look at the video and then the story changes.
I say have them come down sign a formal complaint then when the video shows otherwise charge them criminally with filing a false report.
Sadly it will never happen.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Chicago it is a law that a person who files a complaint against an Officer must sign an affidavit stating that the facts as the complainant states them are true and factual under penalty of law. If we can prove that they are lying in the complaint we can charge them with perjury. I am unaware of any perjury charges ever being filed as they must be approved by the States Attorney. When the law was first enacted, complaints against Officers dropped substansially. Now however, the Democratic politicians are trying to get that law removed from the books claiming that it is unfair to minorities and encourages them not to file complaints.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:

It won’t happen.
The body cameras knock complaints out all day long.
I have suggested to our administration that we not be so quick to mention the video.
Vast majority of the time someone calls in a complaint, supervisor says I’ll look at the video and then the story changes.
I say have them come down sign a formal complaint then when the video shows otherwise charge them criminally with filing a false report.

I always made it a point to not make any mention of video. I would take the statement, nod knowingly, and thank them for bringing this to my attention. A few months later,the citizen complainant would get a nice letter saying the matter has been resolved etcetera. When the citizens ask why we made a decision in favor of the officer, then I would explain that the video clearly exonerated the employee. That would be the first time I mentioned the existence of any video. I imagine that at this point the citizen would not even remember all the lies they told. If they did, surely they knew they were outed as liars.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
That shit pisses me off too. The same bunch that cried wanting body cams will be crying to the ACLU to get rid of them.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
! When did people get the idea signing that ticket is optional?

Not required in all states.
If it is the first ticket in a state that requires it then many would not understand it.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I was shocked by this video. The last time I was pulled over for speeding, the officer came to the car, polititly asked for license and registration, explained the violation and what was to happen next. Just like with her.
And I, as a middle aged white guy, never even realized the cop was being racist to me. Makes me question my whole reality now. Has everyone who has ever politely interacted with me while doing their job been racist ?

How did she expect this was going to go ?

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
In Chicago it is a law that a person who files a complaint against an Officer must sign an affidavit stating that the facts as the complainant states them are true and factual under penalty of law. If we can prove that they are lying in the complaint we can charge them with perjury.

How many of those customers of the criminal justice system do you even think know what the hell perjury means? Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

My brother suggested this to his agency and they said no as well. He was using his own bodycam for years before they finally issued them. I think it was a Mivo or something. Once they start prosecuting people for false complaints, word will get around. But I have not heard of any local agencies doing it.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Lends credence to the idea that most of these claims of abuse by cops are bogus and the outrage against law enforcement is based on urban legend. When people refuse to deal with reality, reality will deal with them.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lends credence to the idea that most of these claims of abuse by cops are bogus and the outrage against law enforcement is based on urban legend. When people refuse to deal with reality, reality will deal with them.

This seems to be very common of those on the left. Their feelings/imagination/fantasies are what are true to them. Those of us who recognize reality can see it for what it is, but they can't.

Almost everything they tell themselves (and us) is a lie. If not outright at least to some extent. They simply can't help it because they have no idea what the truth is.

I suspect they could watch these videos of themselves and still feed you a line of BS about what they just saw.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post