SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Upcoming English Premier League season on NBC all messed up...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming English Premier League season on NBC all messed up... Login/Join 
posted
I don't know who else to ask about this...and I hope there are other EPL fans around Sigforum that can help.

What the hell is going on with NBC and the upcoming PL season??? It looks like NBC is splitting up the coverage. Some games are live on cable or NBC regular network and others are on the new $50 NBC Sports Gold??!??! Are all replays going to be available without paying for this "Gold" asshattery since I already pay for a cable subscription? If I want access to all of the games now (even if not live), do I need to sign up for this "Gold" nonsense???

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I don't know what they are doing.

I'm glad to see another soccer fan on the forum.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
There was a lengthy post about this on that little old black rifle forum when this was first announced. Consensus was that if you're not a supporter of the big six clubs you will be paying to see your team's matches against lower in the table opponents. Also reached the conclusion NBCSports was no better than a crack dealer now we're all hooked.

About halfway down the page with links to source material:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1...n-in---.html&page=28

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Some guys with degrees in statistics and finance worked it out in Excel spreadsheets.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The crack dealer analogy is perfect. NBC's PL coverage has been excellent and we were able to see just about any game we liked whenever we wanted between NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, and the Extra Time web page/app.

I like the Chelsea/ManU/Arsenal/etc. stuff, but I really enjoy watching teams on the lower end of the table as well. The relegation aspect makes "lesser" games compelling.

The bastards...

posted Hide Post
I would watch as much EPL as they put on TV.

Non-stop play. As opposed to down, set, hut - 3 yard run - pile of guys - wait three minutes for the next play then 5 minutes of commercials.

Hopefully they will continue to televise more quality action.

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
I would watch as much EPL as they put on TV.

Hopefully they will continue to televise more quality action.

------------------------------------

If you have beIN Sports you can watch La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1 along with the English Championship (division below EPL where promotion/relegation happens). Fox Sports has the Bundesliga along with Champions League & Europa Cup.

All quality non-stop action.

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
FoxSports, FS1, had the Chelsea vs Arsenal match this morning. Maybe some of them are going to that network.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
FoxSports, FS1, had the Chelsea vs Arsenal match this morning. Maybe some of them are going to that network.

No, that's the Community Shield trophy match, the annual preseason competition between the current EPL Champion and the FA Cup winner. Regular EPL season begins Friday night w/ Arsenal v Leicester City and is exclusive to NBCSN.

The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I know it wasn't a regular season game but was hoping maybe fox will show a few of the matches. Guess not.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NBC has the EPL rights for the US market.

I guess I am gonna spend the 50 bucks...

Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
German Bundesliga (my personal favorite) is on Fox. Spanish La Liga and French Ligue 1 games are on BEIN Sports.

quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2838 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The PL opener today was fun to watch. I thought that Leicester was going to pull it off for awhile there. Vardy was on a roll and Arsenal was giving the ball away, but Giroud saved the day.

I despise Stan Kroenke though...I wish he would sell his stake in Arsenal and just stick to helping ruin the NFL.