SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicken Legs on the Joe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicken Legs on the Joe Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted
First time cooking Chicken legs on the Joe, and yes they turned out very good.

No sauce just a dry rub.

Just on the joe (using the divide and conquer) half plate setter.

And just as they were done, with some tan lines.

They were gone before any protection was neede.

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Looks tasty.
Enjoy.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good. How long and at what temp did you cook them?

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
Looks good. How long and at what temp did you cook them?

I cooked them about 1 1/2 hours at 350 using the divide & conquer half plate setter for indirect heat, on the left half of the joe.

They were better than they look... Big Grin

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll be giving that a try on my new Classic II KJ. The wife likes it when the chicken thighs and legs are still together as one piece, so I'll give her the job of finding those. Did you put a drip pan under them, or just let the juices fall onto the heat deflector?

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you put a drip pan under them, or just let the juices fall onto the heat deflector?
I'm not the OP, but I just wrap my deflector in foil for nearly everything (except really fatty large cuts of meats that will be on there 8+ hours).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23219 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I used to put a drip pan underneath and wrap the deflector in foil, now I don't do either.

I just let it drip and burn it off when I am done, and have a clean deflector.

Archerman