SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another home invasion, saved by the Second Amendment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another home invasion, saved by the Second Amendment Login/Join 
posted
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/...sion-in-11239942.php

Two men shot to death in botched home invasion in Brentwood.

Two men were killed in Brentwood Wednesday night in what investigators believe was a botched home invasion, officials said.
Police responded to the 200 block of Birch Street in Brentwood about 11:15 p.m. Wednesday after a shooting was reported, according to the Brentwood Police Department.
A man was home alone and opened fire on the two intruders when they entered the house, said Lt. Walter O’Grodnick of the Brentwood Police Department.

“We’ve determined the incident was a home invasion,” said O’Grodnick. “As a result of the suspect’s interaction with the victim resident, it forced the victim to fire at both suspects in self defense.”

Responding officers found two male suspects, estimated to be in their thirties, suffering from gunshot wounds, according to O’Grodnick. They were later pronounced dead at the scene, he said.
The names of the two alleged intruders were being withheld until their families have been notified, O’Grodnick said.
Police believe there is no ongoing danger to the public posed by those involved in the incident.
“There’s nothing to suggest that anyone should be concerned about public safety,” he said.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Police believe there is no ongoing danger to the public posed by those involved in the incident.

I like that part best.

Posts: 9505 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
We don't dial 911. Cool

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Excellent marksmanship!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
If I had kids, I'd read that to them tonight for a feel-good bedtime story..... Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Brentwood is an interesting place. While there are expensive homes with docks built onto the back of them, which allows a person to sail from their own dock all the way to the Pacific ocean, there are also homes that look like they would house folks like Michael Brown's parents.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I guess living out in LaLa land he didn't own a backhoe.

Posts: 9505 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Status of investigation:

CLEARED OTHER

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I just heard this on the car radio. The officer reading the report sounded downright begrudging as he droned on how "the resident was also armed and opened fire, striking both invaders."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16345 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The headline is "2 men killed in botched Brentwood home invasion, police say"

which to me sounds to me like it would be better if the home invasion went smoothly.

In other words, the emphasis is on the dead scumbags rather than emphasizing that the resident was able to repel the attack because he was armed and capable.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
“We’ve determined the incident was a home invasion,” said O’Grodnick. “As a result of the suspect’s interaction with the victim resident, it forced the victim to fire at both suspects in self defense.”

Good for O'Grodnick to understand that homeowner was the victim here.

quote:
Police believe there is no ongoing danger to the public posed by those involved in the incident

You think.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
The headline is "2 men killed in botched Brentwood home invasion, police say"

Good point. If the homeowner had instead been killed, would that have been a successful home invasion?

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
link

Two shots
Two dead crooks

I don't care who you are - that's efficiency!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
link

Two shots
Two dead crooks

I don't care who you are - that's efficiency!

One shot stopping power. It's not a myth, after all.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"They made him open the safe. After he opened the safe, I guess they weren't ready for him," he said."

http://abc7news.com/news/brent...elf-defense/2133767/

"Brentwood police say two suspects came onto the neighbor's property to rob him but the man was able to get his gun, firing two shots, killing both suspects.

Investigators say one suspect had a gun, too. "The victim did fire his weapon in self-defense. And there have been no formal charges filed at this point," Brentwood Police Dept. Lt. Walter O'Grodnick said.

"I think he had the right to do what he did. Like I said, I've seen him. He was really shook up. I don't think he wanted to do it but he felt like his life was in danger," Nichols said.

Neighbors say there was someone in a getaway car who drove off. Police say their investigation is still active and ongoing.

Police say both suspects were male Antioch residents in their 30s. Their identities are being withheld while police investigate and work to inform their families."
------------
So they were inside the house, with a gun, forcing the victim to open his safe. This homeowner was very, very lucky.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Given that the perps were from Antioch, I'm guessing that this is the Brentwood, CA that is in Contra Costa County (East Bay Area, northern CA), rather than the Brentwood in LaLa land.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

Given that the perps were from Antioch, I'm guessing that this is the Brentwood, CA that is in Contra Costa County (East Bay Area, northern CA), rather than the Brentwood in LaLa land.

SoCal Brentwood has not been in the news since OJ Simpson went to jail.

-c1steve

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

Yep, across from Edna Hill Middle School, so the Brentwood in the East Bay. Plus I heard it on the local news today.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16345 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I like that part best.

Due to them being dead 'n all....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
quote:
quote:

I like that part best.

Due to them being dead 'n all....

Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post