SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Scotch for some one who drinks Bourbon
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scotch for some one who drinks Bourbon Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The Dalmore Single Malt, add that to the already good list you've received here...

A fine thing tis this link...

If you want to get closer to Bourbon The Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve, bit darker and more akin to a high end bourbon than a single malt since it's a blend.

Then add a cigar to the tasting, pairs very well..

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Some mild scotches and irish...

Arran 10 Yr. Arran Robert Burns Single Malt. Dewer's 12 Yr. Glenmorangie Original. Glenmorangie 'Red', Glenmorangie Spios. Spey River Bourban Cask Finish. Bushmills Red. Bushmills Red. Whistler Oloroso Cask Finish. Whistler Imperial Cask Finish. Kilbeggan Small Batch Rye.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Watergoat:
I concur with most of the above comments. One question for the OP? Where the heck do you find Blanton's bourbon? The NC system hasn't had it in over two years that I have seen, and PA little better. Of course, Angel's Envy is about as smooth, if a tad sweeter.

It's a secret so don't tell anyone Wink
Back on mine and my wife's may cruise to the Cayman Islands I found a Duty Free store that had a shelf full. I picked up 1 bottle of Straight from the barrel 1 bottle of the Gold Edition and 1 bottle of the Original regular singular barrel. I ended up spending about $300 dollars.

When we were on a cruise to St Thomas back in December there was a duty free that had a stack of it. I did not buy any because the prices they were asking were more than I was willing to pay.

I had found several small liquor stores last year in central Florida that had some however they were asking over $100 dollars a bottle. I did not buy it.

I have been drinking Larceny and Knob Creek lately.
Now I am moving to Scotch.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I like many single malts, most of which have been listed already. I would add Talisker 10 as one to consider. I know the purists will say this is heresy, but I like some blended whisky as well. I keep Dewars white label in my decanter for an everyday nip.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I converted from single malt scotch to irish with Redbreast being my fav. Intersting article here about the differences:

https://www.thegentlemansjourn...an-scotch-heres-why/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I like Bourbon, and I like Scotch, but they are really different drinks in my mind. The Scotch I tend to like has nothing in common with Bourbon, and tends to lean towards the smokey peat monsters that most Bourbon drinkers would absolutely hate.

For people who want to try Scotch, I usually steer them towards something like Craganmore, Oban, or Bruichladdich. They are on the lighter side while still tasting like Scotch whiskey without the peat. If they want something a bit smokier I'll suggest Highland Park or Talisker. If someone want's to try my Ardbeg, Lagavullin, or Laphoig they get a strong warning first. Those three taste like a hospital that is on fire. I love them.

I've been drinking more Scotch and Tequila that Bourbon lately. All the brands I like seem to have been discovered by hipsters and are now almost impossible to find. I'm loath to recommend my current bourbons because I don't want to draw attention to them and making them go away. Even EH Taylor and Eagle Rare are getting scarce around here. I haven't seen a bottle of Blanton's on a shelf in almost 2 years.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
If you want to try some top shelf Irish, I'd suggest either Redbreast or Yellow Spot. They aren't cheap, but they are in the same range as good quality bourbons.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
If you want to try some top shelf Irish, I'd suggest either Redbreast or Yellow Spot. They aren't cheap, but they are in the same range as good quality bourbons.

^^^ yes indeed ^^^
Redbreast isn't that expensive.
Yellow Spot is superb.
Green Spot is very good and not terribly expensive.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I could use some Johnny Walker educating myself.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post