SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Identify tree/bush?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identify tree/bush? Login/Join 
Picture of whododat
posted
https://flic.kr/p/2kc8Kyp

The wife and I are not sure if this is a tree or bush?

Just curious for all you tree experts out there.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry I don't have the answer, but I'd send one of the guys in the red uniforms over to check it out.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks more like a vine in that picture.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Triffid

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16489 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The picture is fuzzy at least on my computer screen but the leaf arrangement looks to be opposite. If I remember my dendrology when we see opposite arrangement we narrow it down to Maple, Ash, Dogwood, Caprifoliaceae family and Horse Chestnut. The leaves don't look to be Maple, Ash, or Horse Chestnut. I doubt if it is a Dogwood, so I will say with 90% confidence it is a shrub from the Caprifoliaceae family. There are 40-50 genera and 700, 800, 900 species. They are shrubs and vines and a very few herbs in the family, I do not know of any trees.

Posts: 590 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Maybe try "PlantSnap" a phone app that is pretty good at identifying plants. Take a picture and it tells you what it is. You might need a closer picture of what you have though. I have it on my iPhone but don't know if there's an android version.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Maybe try "PlantSnap"

Good information, thanks.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
Google lens on my pixel says cherry plum. It does like kind of like a tiny version of mine this time of year.

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dkjbama:
Google lens on my pixel says cherry plum. It does like kind of like a tiny version of mine this time of year.

We have a Sand Cherry that looked like this when it was new.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25357 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the responses.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The larch.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post