SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chevy/GM instrument cluster rebuilding
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chevy/GM instrument cluster rebuilding Login/Join 
posted
Need to get my Silverado's cluster rebuilt so the gauges work again and hopefully the parasitic drain ceases. Any recommendations for one of the numerous online websites that do this type of work? Anyone with actual experience getting one repaired? Thanks.

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I don't know where you live, but around here there are several guys that do it locally. They are mobile and do work for dealerships and repair shops, but also tend to advertise on craigslist.

I had one repaired in one of my work trucks for a bit more than they charge online, but the guy came to me, took everything apart, and put it all back together.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I rebuilt mine about 10 months ago, speedo showed i was doing 110 when I would be cruising at 30. Needed a new stepper motor behind the speedometer. Easy job but time consuming and you need to be good at soldering. Saved myself about 900 dollars doing it myself. Not sure what you mean by drain on the cluster, I did not have that issue.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Replaced the speedo stepper on my 05 before I traded it. Took about a half hour and $5.
Not a big deal. I think I have a few steppers here somewhere, if you're close or want to ship it, I'll donate them.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
Need to get my Silverado's cluster rebuilt so the gauges work again and hopefully the parasitic drain ceases. Any recommendations for one of the numerous online websites that do this type of work? Anyone with actual experience getting one repaired? Thanks.

What year is the cluster?

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2003 Silverado

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my cluster for my 03 Suburban rebuilt by a reputable Ebay seller, in MN if I recall correctly. Been great for 2 years now. Ran like $75 including shipping both ways. I'll see if I can find the info and post back.

ETA - repairjob is the Ebay sellers name. Here's his info.
www.speedometerrepairguy.com

David Ruberg
123 W. Sarnia St
Winona, MN 55987
507-429-4489

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hamp's Speedometer Repair

http://www.hampspeedometer.com

Did my Ranger cluster. Good people, good work, family owned shop.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I just looked up what I paid for mine. It was $140 for them coming to me and doing everything. This was on a 2005 GMC truck. All motors replaced as well as the lights.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I used the eBay guy about 10 years ago and it worked like new after. Happy.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post