SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Detroit Residents Celebrate Easter Weekend By Curb Stomping Fellow Citizens
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Detroit Residents Celebrate Easter Weekend By Curb Stomping Fellow Citizens Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
My parents moved from the South to Detroit for work in the auto industry and my dad began work at Detroit Deisel but soon joined Detroit PD. He was there for the riots. I was born in Garden City Hospital and we lived off of Joy Rd. I spent my first 7 years there in the late 60's to 1974. We had friends in Inkster. My parents came to their senses and moved us South were we belonged. I was fortunate to grow up in North Georgia as opposed to Detroit. Entire areas are so foreign it might as well be another country. Memphis isn't far behind to be fair. I've been raising my own family between Chattanooga and Knoxville TN and wonder how long it will be far enough away from all the insanity that many US cities have become. I didn't leave anything up North, no offense.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post