SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California Tattoo Removal Business Surges Amid Deportation Fears
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California Tattoo Removal Business Surges Amid Deportation Fears Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
California Tattoo Removal Business Surges Amid Deportation Fears
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
by KATHERINE RODRIGUEZ20 Mar 201741

A California tattoo removal clinic is seeing a record number of clients since the 2016 election who worry that their tattoos will prompt immigration officials to single them out as targets for deportation.
The number of customers for the tattoo removal business has doubled as some in the Latino community in San Pablo worry that immigration agents will use their tattoos as an excuse to ask about immigration status, KPIX reported.

People normally come to the business to get tattoos removed for job interviews, or to get rid of an ex-lover’s name, but the clinic says deportation is a new reason.

“A lot of people don’t want to be a moving target or even seen as a target,” says Nora Ruiz of the San Pablo Economic Development Corporation. “And for fear that they might be seen as a certain type of person or judged in any way, people want to get their tattoos removed.”

There is no evidence that those with tattoos are being singled out by immigration officials, but people with criminal backgrounds or gang ties could be at risk.

Immigrants are also canceling their food stamps and foregoing doctor visits over fears immigration agents will use the records kept with agencies or doctor’s offices to track them down and deport them.

http://www.breitbart.com/calif...tm_campaign=20170320

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Trumps spurring more economic growth and slashing medical/entitlement costs already! How can someone hate this guy?

A boon to the tattoo removal industry. Cutting down on food stamp costs, and driving down costs of Medicaid.

Heck next thing we know they'll be self deporting themselves and saving us the bus/plane tickets.

MAGA!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Is that a regulated business? Do I need to buy a permit? I have a sharp knife....

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Huh. Illegal status comes with consequences.

What a concept...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Should I get my "Vatos Locos Forever" tattoo across my forehead removed? Confused

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Gotta a sander? Wink

quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Is that a regulated business? Do I need to buy a permit? I have a sharp knife....

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
President Trump just continues to increase jobs and employment!!

HK AG

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
President Trump just continues to increase jobs and employment!!

And keeps the streets clear Big Grin

Amid heightened paranoia in the country's immigrant communities, South Philadelphia can bid this year's Cinco de Mayo celebration, "Hasta luego."

El Carnaval de Puebla, which for a decade has drawn thousands of revelers to South Philly, won't move ahead as planned this year for fear that attendees -- many of whom travel from other American cities and Mexico -- could be targeted by federal immigration agents, event organizer Edgar Ramirez said.
"We don't want any incidents. There's a little bit of fear in the community," he said. "It's sad to cancel the event, but we don't want difficulties for anyone."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/20/...-canceled/index.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there an episode on "Sons Of Anarchy" where the ex-gang member was offered his choice of knife or blowtorch for his tattoo removal?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it when illegals are scared, I want them to wet their pants every day. I want them to be seriously uncomfortable and then maybe they'll self-deport.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

Go upscale. Get a belt sander.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
I like it when illegals are scared, I want them to wet their pants every day. I want them to be seriously uncomfortable and then maybe they'll self-deport.

But, but, but.... the leftists said they wouldn't self deport. Wink

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Immigrants are also canceling their food stamps

Fo real yo? How, pray tell, did they get food stamps in the first place?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Wasn't there an episode on "Sons Of Anarchy" where the ex-gang member was offered his choice of knife or blowtorch for his tattoo removal?

Yes, and he took the torch! Loved that show, watched every episode faithfully until the end Frown

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I know a multi-millionaire who owns three laser hair and tattoo removal studios.

Her best location is in a strip mall between a Gold's Gym and an armed forces recruiting station.

Hairies from one end, tatters from the 'tother.

For a while it was open 1000-2100 7 days a week.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
quote:

Imagine that. Big Grin

Never trust a (D) in the real world.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
quote:

Imagine that. Big Grin

Never trust a (D) in the real world.

Or in an imaginary world.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It won't do any good. We'll find you and boot you.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Belt Sander.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post