SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ilhan Omar (D-MN): Anti-Semitic Congresswoman who married brother now in hot water for affair with married man
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Ilhan Omar (D-MN): Anti-Semitic Congresswoman who married brother now in hot water for affair with married man Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
She's running for Imam Keith Ellison's seat and considered the front runner. Let's see when or if the media pick up on this.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-313...ndidate-turns-heads/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BamaJeepster,

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You know, the dem party seems to have the mentality that they look increasing for the most fucked up candidate they can, and then they get them elected.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
You know, the dem party seems to have the mentality that they look increasing for the most fucked up candidate they can, and then they get them elected.

She has the audacity to actually say what they think!

For decades they have run candidates who say the opposite of what they actually believe to get elected.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Now they've just gotten more diplomatic. Notice she's tweeting about "Israel" instead of making the more common mistake of saying "Jews". This leaves enough of a gray area for the mainstream media to defend what she says as being at least plausible.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Powerline has been writing about her for quite a while

"She apparently entered into a bigamous marriage with her brother in order to facilitate immigration fraud, but the facts are murky and she refuses to clarify them."

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...ed-anti-semitism.php

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Days after winning her primary last summer, Omar faced scrutiny over a report that she had married her brother for immigration reasons. She denied he was her brother, calling the insinuations “absurd and offensive.”

Omar is not legally married to Ahmed Hirsi, who is the father of her three children. She said they’d had an Islamic marriage that ended in 2008 when they reached “an impasse in our life together.” She later met and married Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, a British citizen and the man alleged to be her brother, in 2009 in Hennepin County. After that relationship ended, Omar said she reconciled with Hirsi and remarried in their faith.

She said she’s still in the process of divorcing Elmi and declined further comment.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...declines-comment.php

Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

"She apparently entered into a bigamous marriage with her brother in order to facilitate immigration fraud, but the facts are murky and she refuses to clarify them."

Marriage between brother and sister is incest not bigamy.

Posts: 6452 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Marriage between brother and sister is incest not bigamy.

If she was already married when she married incestuously, she was also a bigamist.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Is that 0buma with lipstick?

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Report This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

Prepare for the lock in 5---4---3---2---

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I might suggest if she wants to see hypnotized evil, that she look in the mirror. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:

Why so tightly wound? This is an inherently political thread about a party-specific, religion-specific, political figure. ANYTHING contributed to the thread is going to be political in nature.

And Obama/Pig-with-lipstick jokes are certainly pertinent to this situation.

I mean, really -- this thread addresses a black female Moslem candidate who hates Israel -- how is an Obama/Pig-with-lipstick joke NOT appropriate to the subject matter?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
quote:

Why so tightly wound? This is an inherently political thread about a party-specific, religion-specific, political figure. ANYTHING contributed to the thread is going to be political in nature.

I mean, really -- this thread addresses a black female Moslem candidate who hates Israel -- how is an Obama/Pig-with-lipstick joke NOT appropriate to the subject matter?

I don't know but I'd guess that the comment probably has something to do with the long standing rule from Para to not talk about looks.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think it was the look/appearance comment, and not about politics. You know how the boss feels about making fun of people's looks.

Q

Posts: 26335 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Ok, I’m a little slow on the uptake... WTF is an intersectional feminist.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:

Do they stand on street corners?

(I'm from a small town.)

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Keith Ellison was bad enough, this bitch scares the fuck out of me.

Minnesota is already the most heavily populated Somalia area in the country...

Shit.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
That means she’s a threefer: diversity points based on
1. Female
2. Non-white
3. Muslim

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think it was the look/appearance comment, and not about politics. You know how the boss feels about making fun of people's looks.

Yeah, OK, I see your point, thanks for putting my mind in the right space, Pale Horse and 12131. What she looks like didn't enter my mind -- I was thinking about her politics, not her physical appearance.

Not knowing what this woman looks like, though, I still think she's a leftist pig. She could physically be Playboy centerfold beautiful and given her politics I'd still think she's a pig. And as the metaphor points out, putting lipstick on her (ie: literal interpretation: trying to make her more beautiful, metaphorical interpretation: trying to take the edge off her radicalism) doesn't change anything about that conclusion -- she's still a pig -- because physical beauty is only skin deep, and radical Islam makes the whole soul rotten.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you really want to know (it will piss you off, make you laugh or both), look up "intersectionality".

TL;DR: A new way for people who feel insufficiently oppressed to rectify the problem by combining oppression points in such a way that the whole of the oppression is greater than the sum of it's parts.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
From what I can barely understand about it, instead of the old days of blaming racism or sexism for why they couldn't get ahead, feminazis are now claiming that it's a combination of racism, sexism, patriarchy (dudes), colonialism, Christianity, capitalism, IQism, private schooling, rape culture, sports, SAT tests....everything is supposedly connected and are trying to keep women down...hence, intersectionality Roll Eyes

quote:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post