SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you sleep?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you sleep? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
You are tired and looking forward to getting some serious sleep.

Question:
When you crawl into bed, how do you want to be:

Choices:
Warm and toasty, like a bug in a rug. Give me blankets and a Teddy Bear
Cool and breezy, like a fall afternoon. Turn up the A/C, let the fan blow and give me the cool side of the pillow

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Option 2, and that was before entering the era of a built-in out of control thermonuclear reactor a few inches to the side of me. You older-ish guys know what I'm talking about! Eek

Our bedroom is set on 62-63 in winter, and never less than 69 in any other season of the year.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Both. Warm feet and cool upper body.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Answered #2, but the real answer lately is "not well."

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flannel sheets are a must have in the Yoop. Backed up with a PolarFleece blanket. Then stuff a cat under the covers for maximum furry warmth.
In summer, delete cat and blanket.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Option 2, and that was before entering the era of a built-in out of control thermonuclear reactor a few inches to the side of me. You older-ish guys know what I'm talking about! Eek

Our bedroom is set on 62-63 in winter, and never less than 69 in any other season of the year.

Same here, but in addition the thermonuclear reactor, there has also been the development of this loud intermittent noise that has inhibited the ability to sleep and sometimes rattles the walls. Eek

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I guess a combo of both really. I love when it's like 60 in the home, and I keep warm in bed with my woman. Out of the 2, give me cold 10/10. I haaate being hot while sleeping. I, also, love the cold side of the pillow Big Grin

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2444 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I sleep best in a cool room. Most of the year there isn't a blanket on the bed.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I sleep best in a cool room too, but both my wife and I have a strong dislike for air conditioning. Fortunately, we live at an elevation that affords us the ability to forego it. The period of time when AC would be helpful is short here, we get by with a whole house fan and a ceiling fan.

In the winter under a lightweight down comforter. Unless the wind is howling (and it happens) we have a window slightly cracked open.

BTW, I couldn’t vote in the poll; there were no acceptable answers.

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Poorly, unfortunately.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Another all of the above. I like the room chilly enough to produce goosebumps, but crawl in, pull the blankies and comforter up until just my nose is sticking out. Takes a minute to warm things up, but once there, I sleep like a cat.

When I get up to pee (which, at 67, is often...) sliding back into that nice, warm nest will invariably produce a big grin as I wiggle back into a comfy position and go back to sleep.

Problem is, I thrash in my sleep. I don't remember any of it, but I wake up in the morning and the blankets are all in a heap, pillow cases on the floor, just generally looking like a tornado hit the place. Apparently, I snore too.

Add to that the fact that my wife and I are on opposite circadian rhythms (she's a night owl, I'm in bed by 8:00 and up by 4:30 or 5:00) and separate bedrooms become a Good Thing.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I think I remember the doc saying it’s better to sleep in the cold. I can’t remember why.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:

I know what you mean. Not uncommon my wife and I are awake at 3:30 in the morning, asking each other why we are awake at 3:30 in the morning.

I am finding I have a similarity with Churchill, the need for an afternoon nap. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Cool circulating air and warm bed with heavy blankets.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29694 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cold room warm bed. Fleece sheets in winter, bedroom cool enough so we don’t sweat while trying to sleep.
I’ve almost had two heart attacks, both times when the wife screamed “oh my god” and threw the sheets back! I thought someone was breaking in, or the aliens had landed. Nope, night sweats. Put the 45 back and calm down.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cold, the heat generator is snoring next to me. And a couple of cats are on me purring. Apparently I am just a big ugly hot water bottle.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With my eyes closed.

I like it cooler with the blankets keeping me warm.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
The colder the room the better. And I like having air moving in the room. Light blanket in the winter and just a top sheet in the summer.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
The colder the room the better. And I like having air moving in the room. Light blanket in the winter and just a top sheet in the summer.

That too. I have a fan running year around, as much for the "white noise" as for the air circulation.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:

Same here Razz

for a long time . . .

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post