SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

As far as I'm concerned, if Congress can't produce a balanced budget every year... they are not doing their job and they are not earning their pay. Even $15/hour is too high for not doing the job.

Should return to the way it was before the mid-1850s; “per diem stipend” only (currently for DC area would be about $325 for lodging, meals, and incidentals)—NO SALARY and NO RETIREMENT. Mad

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Should return to the way it was before the mid-1850s; “per diem stipend” only (currently for DC area would be about $325 for lodging, meals, and incidentals)—NO SALARY and NO RETIREMENT. Mad

You left out "While Congress is actually in session."

It was never intended to be a full-time occupation, nor a career.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Ignorance, there's no authority in the world like it." - Orson Welles

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"Ignorance, there's no authority in the world like it." - Orson Welles
Yep.

And all I can say to 'this' is, wow! This moron is truly stupid on steroids. There's a video at the link but I'm not going to inflict it on everyone here.
Link

"The United States is running concentration camps on our southern border, and that is exactly what they are -- they are concentration camps," Ocasio-Cortez told an Instagram Live audience Monday evening.

"I don't use those words lightly. I don't use those words to just throw bombs. I use that word because that is what an administration that creates concentration camps is," she said. "A presidency that creates concentration camps is fascist, and it's very difficult to say that, because it is very difficult to accept the fact that that is how bad things have gotten, but that is how bad things have gotten."

More at link...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
True Fascists would probably either machine-gun them down at the border or put them into slave work camps.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
"The United States is running concentration camps on our southern border, and that is exactly what they are -- they are concentration camps," Ocasio-Cortez told an Instagram Live audience Monday evening.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
"Concentration camps are not the same as death camps"-AOC tweet.

It was fun for a while, seeing what ignorance would pour forth from her idiotic cakehole next. It's not really fun anymore.

AOC just needs to eat shit, get fucked and go away, never to be heard from again.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Keep talking sweetheart... You're the perfect mouthpiece for the left.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to get this idiot back to her village. I am sure they have been missing her.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
What's even more shocking is some of the Jewish Liberal Left agree with her. They need to spend a little time in Israel and try spouting this crap.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
"Concentration camps are not the same as death camps"-AOC tweet.

It was fun for a while, seeing what ignorance would pour forth from her idiotic cakehole next. It's not really fun anymore.

AOC just needs to eat shit, get fucked and go away, never to be heard from again.

Umm, yeah they are you dumb bitch. Google concentration camp and see what comes up. If you weren't trying to reference Nazis why did you include #neveragain in your tweet? Are you so stupid as to not know what a concentration camp is and what Never Again means? Really are you that fucking dumb? I can't believe that you are actually that stupid, it's impossible.

ETA YOU AOC have the power to vote for more money for these poor downtrodden people. With the stroke of a pen you could better fund our border patrol and detention facilities. Nope you rather overcrowd these people and encourage them to illegally come here, just so you can shove them in overcrowded detention centers and parade them in front of cameras to show how bad Trump is. You and your Congress critters that refuse to authorize the money to handle this humanitarian situation should be ashamed of yourself. Stop using these people for your political purposes. Authorize funding immediately to stop this overcrowding.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
True Fascists would probably either machine-gun them down at the border or put them into slave work camps.

Yes, that is why I have a recurrent fantasy: At 3 a.m. a dozen men in full armor, all black, with MAGA on their helmets, carrying M4s, kick in AOC's door and drag her off to a van that whisks her to a solitary prison cell... somewhere.

Can you imagine her shrieking? And she would be informed, calmly, that yep, she was right, President Trump is a Nazi, he is Hitler, and she will never see the light of day again.

This, of course, should be done on April 1.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
On a more serious note, I see that Republicans have called on her to apologize for the "concentration camps" remarks. She has said so many colossally ignorant and stunningly stupid things, that she probably feels that she can spew whatever shit she likes.

But lines need to be drawn, and this is a good place to start. She has outrageously insulted those trying to secure our borders, and also President Trump, and The United States of America.

And beyond that, she has demeaned and trivialized the Holocaust. To equate stopping foreign nationals trying to enter our country illegally with the horrific extermination of millions of Jews is ... beyond words.

The publicity whores, among which she is foremost, have upped the ante in this game of shocking exaggeration to such a degree that they need to say shit like this to get attention.

Liz Cheney called her out on Twitter:

"Please @AOC do us all a favor and spend just a few minutes learning some actual history. 6 million Jews were exterminated in the Holocaust. You demean their memory and disgrace yourself with comments like this."

And in case anyone thinks that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has two brain cells to rub together to spark an actual thought, this was her response on Twitter:

"Also @Liz_Cheney, the fact that you employed the horrifying word “exterminated” here (co-opting the language of the oppressor) tells us that it’s *you* that needs to brush up on your reading.

Hope you enjoy defending concentration camps. I won’t back down fighting against them."

Since that is not even coherent, let alone clear, AOC went on in an interview:

"She used the term 'extermination' which is co-opting the language, eh, of that. You know, that term implies that the people who died in the Holocaust, it, it doubles down on the rhetoric that justified it. So, I think it's, uh, I mean I think she's the one that needs to do her homework."

https://www.dailywire.com/news...rectly-ryan-saavedra

This woman was capable of making mixed drinks? Really?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This woman isn't qualified to be elected Milk Monitor in an elementary school. How the HELL did she get elected to Congress?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
This woman isn't qualified to be elected Milk Monitor in an elementary school. How the HELL did she get elected to Congress?
Her constituents are even stupider than she is. Just think--they might have elected someone even less capable.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Her constituents are even stupider than she is. Just think--they might have elected someone even less capable.

flashguy

What like a watermelon? I find it hard to believe that there is anyone in NYC who is less qualified than her.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
She wasn't elected because of who she was. She was elected because of who she wasn't. I thought this was obvious.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Nice to see a little push-back from some people who truly know what concentration camps are. They certainly make AOC look petty and foolish.

Holocaust survivors respond to AOC's 'concentration camp' comments in new video

Two holocaust survivors responded to Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's concentration camp comments earlier this month, and their feelings were resoundingly negative.

AOC, D-N.Y., faced backlash for comparing border detention facilities to concentration camps during a June 17 Instagram broadcast and drew criticism from her own party. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, came out against her comments and called her "wrong" for comparing "entirely different realities."

"I respect her greatly and I feel very close to her in terms of philosophy, but of course she was wrong," he said. "You cannot compare -- what the Nazis did in concentration camps, unfortunately, is without any historical -- I mean, it's a horrible moment in history. There is no way to compare."

The two Holocaust survivors, Sami Steigmann and David Tuck, sat for an interview with Turning Point USA and said AOC's comments were ignorant and full of hubris.

"AOC -- look at me. My name is Sami Steigmann. I am a holocaust survivor. I went through it. How can you -- looking at my face, telling me that the camps we have in the South are concentration camps? What you are doing is you are insulting every victim of the Holocaust. Shame on you!" Steigmann said.

"I'm not only a Holocaust survivor, I was in a labor camp ... I was subjected to medical experiments and, later on, a German woman saved my life, when I came to the stage of dying of starvation."

Tuck, who has been through four concentration camps, said AOC's comments were purely political and don't reflect reality.

"My name is David Tuck. I'm a holocaust survivor. I was in four concentration camps. We have no concentration camps [in America]," he said.

"This is just a political comment. She's in politics. She's looking out for herself. There must be a purpose, a reason. Why would she say it? She wants to be popular? You can't be popular by annihilating other people. Don't talk to me about concentration camps," he continued.

Tuck went on to describe his experience in the camps, including the infamous Auschwitz camp in Poland and called America the greatest country in the world.

"The first camp was Posen Stadium. And then I went to Auschwitz. Then I went to Mauthausen, then I went to Gusen," he said. "Out of every 10 Jews, nine were killed. I was lucky. I still have the number on my arm. Nobody can deny that the Holocaust ever happened to me."

"I'd wake up in the morning and I'd say 'Please God, let me see the light the next day," Tuck added. "When I heard that we are free and I looked up in the sky and I said, 'tell me, where can I go?' And I came to America ... It's still the best country in the world. Enjoy life. We have no concentration camps here. God bless you all."

AOC told her Instagram followers the U.S. government is "running concentration camps on our southern border."

"That is exactly what they are. They are concentration camps," Ocasio-Cortez said during a live-stream. She told her followers she wants to talk to people "who are concerned enough with humanity to say that 'never again' means something."

"The fact that concentrations camps are now an institutionalized practice in the Home of the Free is extraordinarily disturbing and we need to do something about it," she continued

AOC received backup from Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn, who supported her remarks during a Thursday interview with Public Radio International and tried to defend her usage of the word "concentration."

"When you look at what is taking place, people are being put in camps. And when you think about the definition, if we separate it from death camps, I would say these are camps and people are being concentrated in them. And so that's the general definition," Omar said.

AOC isn't the first person to compare border processing to death camps. Last June, MSNBC host Joe Scarborough compared the processing of illegal immigrants to the murder of Jewish prisoners by the Nazis.

"I know children are being ripped from their mother’s arms, even while they’re being breastfed. I know children are being marched away to showers," he said. "I know they’re being marched away to showers, are being told they are. Just like the Nazis had said that they were taking people to the showers and then they never came back."

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ration-camp-comments

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post