SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
MCC vs AOC Big Grin

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
And she's running as a... Democrat?

In that district, it's the only way to run and win.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
While that may be the case, while she's there, she's still dangerous

To the D party, yes LOL Big Grin

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Michelle Caruso-Cabrera is the author of the 2010 book, "You Know I'm Right: More Prosperity, Less Government."
The book calls for "fiscal conservatism, limited government and personal responsibility."

How in the actual hell is she a democrat?

Could always run and win as D then switch parties. Been done before.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Michelle Caruso-Cabrera is the author of the 2010 book, "You Know I'm Right: More Prosperity, Less Government."
The book calls for "fiscal conservatism, limited government and personal responsibility."

How in the actual hell is she a democrat?

How is romney a republican? Maybe someone can broker a trade?

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
All I know is that it would be indecsribably joyous to send that pinhead back to the cafe.

Some would say she’s a lying dog face coffee soldier....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
And she's running as a... Democrat?

In that district, it's the only way to run and win.

That's common in countless jurisdictions (even if it's less common for the claims to be true).

People who believe in universal suffrage should not forget for a moment what that means: There are an incredible number of people who are barely smart enough to be allowed to walk the streets without a keeper, much less to make intelligent voting decisions. Voting for candidates merely because of their party affiliation is one of the most common manifestations of that fact.

And if we do not know that, we should start paying attention.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
If you knew her district, you'd know this is wrong. They're perfectly happy with her.

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BBMW:
<snip>

But she doesn't really represent her constituents.
I think your wrong, way wrong. Let's revisit AOC's coronation. She got elected in a district that had been represented by Joe Crowley, a true moderate by comparison, on a voter turnout percentage that was in the teens. Since then, she's done nothing for her district, while turning herself into a lightning rod most moderate Dem's in that district (those that elected Crowley over and over again) are likely embarrassed of. For god sake, even the establishment Dem's in Washington hate this bitch. They've even talked about re-districting her out of business. She most certainly is beatable. The primary thing saving her is the number of people running against her splitting the vote. My bet, if it were AOC against MCC head to head, AOC would be beaten soundly.

I have no idea how good she is at constituent services, but I do know that bringing home the bacon and having a strong in-district ground game that creates the appearance that you give a shit about the little people's problems are keys to staying in Congress and feeding off the public trough for decades. For her first re-election cycle, the fame and constant media attention may be enough to carry the day, but if she is not doing a good job at basic retail politics, it will eventually catch up to her.

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
All I know is that it would be indecsribably joyous to send that pinhead back to the cafe.

To me, she is the gift that keeps on giving. A Democrat is going to hold that seat, at least let it be a moron.
Mr Bellum, do you believe her to be a true danger. That part, I amm not sure.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Crowley was a white guy in a district that had gone significantly Hispanic. A big chunk of her district is in The Bronx, which is the most Hispanic borough in NYC, and a lot of them are Puerto Rican, so that can vote. The other chunk of her district is in northern Queens. It used to be very Greek, but a lot of young white millenials have moved there (you know, Bernie's people.)

They wanted someone younger and less white, and she plays directly to that. It really doesn't matter what the national party wants. NYS in general, and NYC in particular has gone full on left wingnut, and her district is the epicenter of that. She's not going anywhere (unless she decides to run for Mayor in '21.)

quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
If you knew her district, you'd know this is wrong. They're perfectly happy with her.

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BBMW:
<snip>

But she doesn't really represent her constituents.
I think your wrong, way wrong. Let's revisit AOC's coronation. She got elected in a district that had been represented by Joe Crowley, a true moderate by comparison, on a voter turnout percentage that was in the teens. Since then, she's done nothing for her district, while turning herself into a lightning rod most moderate Dem's in that district (those that elected Crowley over and over again) are likely embarrassed of. For god sake, even the establishment Dem's in Washington hate this bitch. They've even talked about re-districting her out of business. She most certainly is beatable. The primary thing saving her is the number of people running against her splitting the vote. My bet, if it were AOC against MCC head to head, AOC would be beaten soundly.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AOC would make a GREAT mayor, if you wanted to showcase how the Dems can screw up a city. It would be a wonderful opportunity, if only her handlers would let her.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
AOC would make a GREAT mayor, if you wanted to showcase how the Dems can screw up a city. It would be a wonderful opportunity, if only her handlers would let her.

Sorry, already done in Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, and others. The Only thing AOC could do as a mayor is make a bit worse yet funny at the same time.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
I have no idea how good she is at constituent services, but I do know that bringing home the bacon and having a strong in-district ground game that creates the appearance that you give a shit about the little people's problems are keys to staying in Congress and feeding off the public trough for decades. For her first re-election cycle, the fame and constant media attention may be enough to carry the day, but if she is not doing a good job at basic retail politics, it will eventually catch up to her.

I agree. She’s neither brought home the bacon nor focused on her district. She went national even before taking office, spending a large amount of time running all over the country looking for cameras, and she drove off Amazon from NYC. Amazon was a rather large pile of pork. I wonder if an unemployed voter in the Bronx is as principled as AOC towards global communism?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Well, she knows Schumer won't last forever...Im sure she has his eye on his senate seat.

Eventually Satan will call old Chuckie boy down there to help him and Robert Mugagbe run the hot place

quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:

I agree. She’s neither brought home the bacon nor focused on her district. She went national even before taking office, spending a large amount of time running all over the country looking for cameras, and she drove off Amazon from NYC. Amazon was a rather large pile of pork. I wonder if an unemployed voter in the Bronx is as principled as AOC towards global communism?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
She'd be worse than the current idiot, and that would be tough.

quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Schumer is 69. That's barely middle aged in Senator years. They ususally hang on into their 80s or longer.

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Well, she knows Schumer won't last forever...Im sure she has his eye on his senate seat.

Eventually Satan will call old Chuckie boy down there to help him and Robert Mugagbe run the hot place

quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ The only nice thing about guys like that is that while they often stay on past the point where they're just doddering old senescents, that sometimes means they block a younger, sharper politician who is politically and morally just as bad as they are from rising to the Senate. Since Chuckles is essentially elected from New York City, I'm pretty confident that the best thing he can do with his golden years is sit in his Hart Senate Office Building office and drool mindlessly.

From the "Even When She's On Your Side She's Not Going To Be Much Help" Files, AOC managed to step in it by trying to lower expectations for Bernie's health care plan.

The full, original text of AOC Lowers Expectations On Medicare For All, Admitting Sanders 'Can't Wave A Magic Want' To Pass It, David Knowles, Yahoo News, 2/14/2020 is at http://www.yahoo.com/news/aoc-...ss-it-212943695.html. The highlight? On Thursday, AOC said that Bernie might not be able to get his health care legislation passed in Congress.

"'A President can't wave a magic wand and pass any legislation they want," Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., told HuffPost this week...'The worst case scenario? We compromise deeply and we end up getting a public option. Is that a nightmare? I don't think so,' she said."

Somehow I don't think this will turn out well for her at all. First, she's just directly undercut her favorite candidate for President, who's in the middle of trying to win the Primary. Second, she didn't get elected by people who think in terms of compromise - in their world that's what corrupted Nancy Pelosi - so I don't know what that particular move will do for her in her own race for reelection.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately she'll never go back to being a barmaid - if she gets voted out, she'll be an 'activist' funded by the millions of brain dead zombies who follow her on Twatter.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Michael Moore walked into a sports bar late one evening. He sat down next to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez at the bar and stared up at the TV as the 10:00 news came on. The news crew was covering a story of a man on a ledge of a large building preparing to jump.

Alexandria looked at him and said, "Do you think he'll jump?"

Michael says, "You know what, I bet he will."

Alexandria replied, "Well, I bet he won't."

Michael placed two $20s on the bar and said, "You're on!"

Just as she placed her money on the bar, the guy did a swan dive off of the building, falling to his death.

She was very upset and handed her $40 to him, saying, "Fair's fair... Here's your money."

He replied, "I can't take your money. I saw this earlier on the 5 o'clock news and knew he would jump."

Alexandria replies, "I did too, but I didn't think he'd do it again."

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^Lol!

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post