SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I don't understand why this dingbat, 29 year old freshman with zero experience and an idiot to boot, gets so much press coverage, even on Fox. Almost everyday she is a headline story because of some stupid idea she has. She should just be ignored. Why even give her the time of day?

It's all about the agenda.

Just remember that the same media who wants to portray AOC as the future of America also tried to convince you that Reagan, Bush Sr., Quayle and George W. Bush and Donald Trump were or are intellectual lightweights.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I heard part of it would ban air transportation in 10 years. Guess she will do high speed trains to Europe and Asia too, she is truly a genius, a credit to her university,

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Green New Deal supported by Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, and Bernie Sanders.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.6dca4d0fa8d3

Sen. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) prepared to introduce a framework outlining the goals of a sweeping climate pact going forward

“This is really about providing justice for communities and just transitions for communities,” Ocasio-Cortez told NPR in an interview Thursday morning. “ So really the heart of the Green New Deal is about social justice.”

The Democratic resolution calls for the United States to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions within ten years by “dramatically expanding and upgrading renewable power sources.”

The five-page resolution is not confined to climate change, however. It promotes a plethora of progressive ideals — like housing, health care, education, unions and indigenous rights, which are only indirectly related to Democratic climate desires

The proposal also calls for a sweeping overhaul of the transportation sector “as much as is technologically possible,” with investments in zero-emissions vehicles along with high-speed rail and other public transit.

But one crucial thing the proposal does not spell out: How the federal government is expected to pay for or achieve these broad aims.

The Green New Deal would be paid for “the same way we paid for the original New Deal, World War II, the bank bailouts, tax cuts for the rich and decades of war — with public money appropriated by Congress,” Ocasio-Cortez said

Just keeping pulling them left.....thanks

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
I heard part of it would ban air transportation in 10 years. Guess she will do high speed trains to Europe and Asia too, she is truly a genius, a credit to her university,

Nah, Just longer Chunnels.

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Even if you are talking only about the US, mass bullet train transit far too limited to make work. Approximately 1.7 million fly in the US every day on average. Now factor all of the cargo that crisscrosses the country every day. Whole plane loads of it. No WAY a system of trains could do what planes can with their speed and mobility.

As an example, my wife and her dad run a seafood brokering business. They arrange shipments of hundreds of pounds of live or fresh seafood every day. And that is just their operation. There are dozens of other seafood brokers.

This stupid bitch is stuck in the 7th grade trying to apply an idea for a science fair project to the real world. She is so out of touch with reality and will be the last to realize it. In her silly little head, she is still spinning around on a rooftop in a dance video.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Chuddles

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“ So really the heart of the Green New Deal is about social justice.”

Thanks for spelling that out, AOC.
And "social justice" is what, exactly?
Why it's the opposite of actual justice, which is equality before the law.
What you want is "Special Justice": special deals for special people.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23949 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) expressed skepticism about progressive Democrats’ Green New Deal proposal Thursday, saying the goal of replacing necessary air travel with high-speed rail transport would be burdensome on her home state of Hawaii.

“That would be pretty hard for Hawaii,” Hirono said

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...tty-hard-for-hawaii/

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

from a doc by Cortez:

https://assets.documentcloud.o...n-New-Deal-FINAL.pdf

Posts: 19506 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't understand why this dingbat, 29 year old freshman with zero experience and an idiot to boot, gets so much press coverage, even on Fox. Almost everyday she is a headline story because of some stupid idea she has. She should just be ignored. Why even give her the time of day?

It's because anything that comes out of her mouth is news.
Not because it is something profound but because it's different.
She only got elected and moreover even listened to today because she is a cutesy little girl with ridiculous radical ideas.
Do you think anyone would be listening if it was just another fat libtard from Oregon or wherever saying the same stupid shit?
Plus it gets the right talking about it and the left lets it go because they know it gets us riled up.
Sooner or later the left will get tired of it as they know it is not sustainable.
If it goes south then they can easily disavow.
Until then it is just news fodder.

Posts: 22860 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Stupid squared. A massive stupidity vortex may be imminent.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's the "Hussein Obama Syndrome".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She was interviewed on NPR this morning - my first impulse was to turn it off.

Her words and phrases were VERY new compared to some of her earlier discussions. The only way this can happen is if she has someone pulling the strings and whispering in her ear. Who is pulling her strings?

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/07...ombat-climate-change

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
She was interviewed on NPR this morning - my first impulse was to turn it off.

Her words and phrases were VERY new compared to some of her earlier discussions. The only way this can happen is if she has someone pulling the strings and whispering in her ear. Who is pulling her strings?

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/07...ombat-climate-change

Soros connection has to be there, somewhere.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) expressed skepticism about progressive Democrats’ Green New Deal proposal Thursday, saying the goal of replacing necessary air travel with high-speed rail transport would be burdensome on her home state of Hawaii.

That's a quote straight out of the Babylon Bee.

I mean seriously. She has "skepticism?" What a dildo. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Wait....wait.....
What if AOC’s sole purpose is to make the rest if the democrats look reasonable at times.
Its like “yeah Im a democrat and a statist, but im no AOC- its safe to vote for me”. I imagine there must be some secret Bond-like evil villian lair somewhere, with all the DNC big wigs schemeing.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
How many hours from SFO to HNO by rail?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
AOC = Asylum Occupant Cortez

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I know, sails on everything, big carriers lots of room for sails, even subs, we can bring 747’s back and make them gliders, have other passengers pull them airborne while they are waiting for their flights!!!!!

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
I know, sails on everything, big carriers lots of room for sails, even subs, we can bring 747’s back and make them gliders, have other passengers pull them airborne while they are waiting for their flights!!!!!

Dude, get with the program. Planes are out. It's trains now. Trains everywhere. Fast trains. Fast trains moving fast.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post