SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Now that's what I call progressive.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Cortez:

"So, hypothetically, if there was a leak from the Dakota Access Pipeline, why shouldn't Wells Fargo pay for the cleanup of it, since it paid for the construction of the pipeline itself?"

Wells Fargo CEO: "Because we don't operate the pipeline."
Wow, just wow. Its truly hard to believe any adult could be that stupid.
She's an adult? Wow, who woulda thunk?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
She's a puppet. Almost literally. It's clear from videos and soundbites like this that she is being coached daily on what to say and the narrative to push. As seemingly retarded as her statements are, I don't believe any of it is an original thought.

Still, damn she's dumb.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cortez takes a shot at one of my favorite politicians, Devin Nunes

once again, "swing and a miss" for Cortez

sorry Cortez, California Assembly Bill 1884 prohibits full-service restaurants from providing single-use plastic straws unless they are requested

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/...now-actually-exists/

My local IHOP got a visit from the "STRAW POLICE" Waitress said a guy came in and ordered, she left a straw, she went to put the order in and when she came back he handed her a $300 ticket. Roll Eyes

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:

My local IHOP got a visit from the "STRAW POLICE" Waitress said a guy came in and ordered, she left a straw, she went to put the order in and when she came back he handed her a $300 ticket. Roll Eyes

Come on. Seriously? Out of control.

By the way, I now carry around plastic straws wherever I go. I keep a bundle in my travel carry-on bag and also a few on the inside pocket of my jacket. You know, just in case I happen to be in an establishment that doesn't give out straws anymore or gives out those god awful paper straws.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Ocasio-Cortez’s mom moved to Florida to escape NYC’s property taxes

March 4, 2019

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her mother, Blanca Ocasio-Cortez (left)

The mother of soak-the-rich Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she was forced to flee the Big Apple and move to Florida because the property taxes were so high.

“I was paying $10,000 a year in real estate taxes up north. I’m paying $600 a year in Florida. It’s stress-free down here,” Blanca Ocasio-Cortez told the Daily Mail from her home in Eustis, a town of less than 20,000 in central Florida north of Orlando.

The mother of two — who calls herself BOC — said she picked Eustis because a relative already lived there, and right before Christmas 2016, she paid $87,000 for an 860-square-foot home on a quiet street that dead-ends at a cemetery.

Her daughter raised eyebrows with her pitch to hike the top marginal tax rate on income earned above $10 million to 70 percent.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/04/...nycs-property-taxes/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Come on. Seriously? Out of control.

By the way, I now carry around plastic straws wherever I go. I keep a bundle in my travel carry-on bag and also a few on the inside pocket of my jacket. You know, just in case I happen to be in an establishment that doesn't give out straws anymore or gives out those god awful paper straws.

The law states that the customer has to request the straw before you give them one. Otherwise its a fine. I'm wondering how long before they require a background check before they issue you a straw. Roll Eyes

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Cortez:

"So, hypothetically, if there was a leak from the Dakota Access Pipeline, why shouldn't Wells Fargo pay for the cleanup of it, since it paid for the construction of the pipeline itself?"

Wells Fargo CEO: "Because we don't operate the pipeline."
Wow, just wow. Its truly hard to believe any adult could be that stupid.

Oh, it gets worse.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...-pipeline-oil-spill/

She also wants to know why they were involved in caging children. Whew!

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I need to stop watching the news. I have done that from time to time, and I always feel much better.

Seeing this kind of abject stupidity--stunning stupidity-- in the Congress of the USA-- what can it do but ruin your day?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I need to stop watching the news. I have done that from time to time, and I always feel much better.

Seeing this kind of abject stupidity--stunning stupidity-- in the Congress of the USA-- what can it do but ruin your day?
Other than occasionally tuning into Tucker Carlson just to see who he's teeing up today, I rarely ever watch the media circus (not news) anymore.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Does everyone understand now why we don't let children play in Congress?

Is every one of her arguments based on "hypothetical" situations? I've heard that several times from her. Is this H.S. Debate class?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
She lives right around the corner from V-Tail.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chellim1:

“I was paying $10,000 a year in real estate taxes up north. I’m paying $600 a year in Florida. It’s stress-free down here,” Blanca Ocasio-Cortez told the Daily Mail from her home in Eustis, a town of less than 20,000 in central Florida north of Orlando.

The mother of two — who calls herself BOC — said she picked Eustis because a relative already lived there, and right before Christmas 2016, she paid $87,000 for an 860-square-foot home on a quiet street that dead-ends at a cemetery.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

She lives right around the corner from V-Tail.
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

I might have to move now.

V-Tail, and ArtieS, and BigRedFish, and Paragon, and some other SIGforum members belong to, and shoot at, the Eustis Gun Club. Maybe we should invite Sra. Ocasio-Cortez to come and shoot with us.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Cortez takes a shot at one of my favorite politicians, Devin Nunes

once again, "swing and a miss" for Cortez

sorry Cortez, California Assembly Bill 1884 prohibits full-service restaurants from providing single-use plastic straws unless they are requested

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/...now-actually-exists/

Dude, had to look twice to see your location.

Happened in San Diego. The patron (female) is a regular and known to the waitress. Patron always used a straw, from what I recall, too drink from.

She gave the waitress a "ticket" instead of a tip.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Stupid fucking state. If she accepts and lives with it, she is exactly where she belongs.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Good to see her stupidity never quits.

AOC draws ire ripping ‘your thoughts and prayers’ after Christchurch mosque shootings

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Good to see her stupidity never quits.

AOC draws ire ripping ‘your thoughts and prayers’ after Christchurch mosque shootings

“What good are your thoughts & prayers when they don’t even keep the pews safe?” she asked”

What a freaking retard. Since when do Mosques have pews?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
If and when Nancy Pelosi rips the microphone away from her a Republican needs to be standing ready to pass her a hot spare.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post