SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

Do not invest in high tech carbon capture, but plant trees instead.

I think she and I could begin a discussion about compromise here.

Of course, I might have ulterior motives.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
“ So really the heart of the Green New Deal is about social justice.”

Thanks for spelling that out, AOC.
And "social justice" is what, exactly?
Why it's the opposite of actual justice, which is equality before the law.
What you want is "Special Justice": special deals for special people.

Thank you for that; was about to ask the same question, for it seems some days that there's not much difference between "social justice" and "mob rule."

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nancy just pulled a rug out from under AOC by not appointing her to the Climate committee,----ooops.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
How many hours from SFO to HNO by rail?
I make it 16 hours and 27 minutes (based on average high-speed rail at 251kph). It would be 23 hours and 30 minutes from New York City to Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Los Angeles, California to Auckland, New Zealand would take 42 hours and 4 minutes. (And I think being trapped in an airplane for 15 hours for that trip is bad . . . .)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
Her words and phrases were VERY new compared to some of her earlier discussions. The only way this can happen is if she has someone pulling the strings and whispering in her ear. Who is pulling her strings?
I agree. She might have the crazy ideas herself, but there is someone or a team who are putting "meat on the bones" so to speak.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So, we're talking about combating climate change with radical ideas and trains that travel around the world.

Now why does that sound familiar? Hmmmm....

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Dude, get with the program. Planes are out. It's trains now. Trains everywhere. Fast trains. Fast trains moving fast.

Hey...it can happen Big Grin...here she is waving from her prototype...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Can we please call in Gordon Ramsey to handle this for us???

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
So, we're talking about combating climate change with radical ideas and trains that travel around the world.

Now why does that sound familiar? Hmmmm....

It reminded me of this:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/archives/20...americans-therefore/

she vowed Thursday to defund ICE completely and claimed Latinos should be exempt from criminal proceedings and immigration laws because they are descended from Mesoamerican cultures that preceded the United States.

‘We are standing on native land,’ she claimed, speaking just outside the U.S. Capitol. ‘And Latino people are descendants of native people. And we cannot be told, and criminalized, simply because for our identity or our status. Period.’

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Who will be responsible for building the railroad bridges to Europe and Asia? Or will we have to travel by clipper ship?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

she vowed Thursday to defund ICE completely and claimed Latinos should be exempt from criminal proceedings and immigration laws because they are descended from Mesoamerican cultures that preceded the United States.

‘We are standing on native land,’ she claimed, speaking just outside the U.S. Capitol. ‘And Latino people are descendants of native people. And we cannot be told, and criminalized, simply because for our identity or our status. Period.’
I think its clear, she absolutely loves to hear herself talk, regardless how delusional her commentary.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Gesh! To paraphrase: The STUPID is strong in her. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

She should have someone read a history book for her while she is going down for a nap. Every land is someone's native land, if they still control it is the question. "Her people" lost, they were conquered and assimilated. You have no special claim at this point so stop with this ridiculous brand of entitlement already.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, you’d think the guys in the white,starched lab coats with butterfly nets would be chasing her around. Mesoamericans unite!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I was dead wrong about Trump. So maybe me being gloom and doom is a good thing.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
It could very well happen.
Can you wait until next year to start with the gloom and doom crap? Can you do that for me?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Can we get her picked up on a 72hr psych hold?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Electric ships.